Midnight Snacks | Eren Yeager

[modern au]

It was a busy day at work, people coming in and out of the café and ordering so many drinks. It was one of the busiest days you've had in weeks and you weren't prepared for it.

"(Y/N)! An Americano and Frappuccino for table 3!" yelled your coworker, you sighed and quickly got out 2 mugs, filling each mug with its assigned drink. You placed the mugs on a tray and made your way to the table, careful not to spill it or bump into anyone.

"Here are your drinks, I hope you enjoy them." you smile at the customers before making your way back behind the counter. "What's got people so eager to go here?" you mumble, "It's the start of summer, I guess they're just enjoying it by hanging out here." says Petra, smiling at you.

You hum, "Must be nice, enjoying summer while we're here working our asses off." she chuckles, "Don't be so down, we have a lot of free days soon and don't we have that beach day planned with everyone else?" she asks, you suddenly light up.

"Oh yeah! We're going to the beach this weekend, I almost forgot!" you chuckle, "I guess there's no reason to be upset after all." you say. Petra nods before taking another order, giving you a take-out cup as you make a drink. "Oh and they also want a slice of the cheesecake." she tells you.

~~

It was nearly the end of your shift, the café wasn't as nearly busy as it was earlier and you could finally rest. You sat by the counter, your head on the table as you awaited for someone to order or until your shift ended.

The 'ding' of a bell which signalled someone walking in caused you to shoot your head up. You quickly stood up and fixed your appearance, "Welcome! How may I help you?" you smile at your customer.

A chuckle escaped his lips, you then realise it was Eren. You sighed in relief and sat back down, "What are you doing here?" you ask him, "Your shift is ending in 10 minutes and I wanted to pick you up." you grin at him, "You want anything?" he shakes his head and you nod.

"I'll just talk to the manager and change out of my apron, okay?" You tell Eren, kissing his cheek before heading to the office beside the kitchen.

"Mister Ackerman, is it okay if I leave a little earlier than usual? Eren's here to pick me up." you stood in front of his desk, he clicked his tongue and stood up. "Alright, make sure that brat drives safely." says Levi, you nod and give him a small smile. "Thank you, Mister Ackerman. I'll be going now." he hums in return, you take off your apron and hang it in the kitchen.

Fixing your hair, you go outside to Eren as you two take your leave. "Bye Petra, I'll see you tomorrow!" you wave goodbye, "Alright, see you (Y/N)!" she replies back.

~~

You were having a hard time sleeping, why? You were hungry, you wanted to eat so badly but didn't wanna wake up your sleeping boyfriend laying next to you.

His strong arms wrapped around your waist and his face nuzzled into the back of your neck. You really loved how he cuddled you but you were too hungry, so here you lay trying to find a way to get out of his grasp and sneak to the kitchen for a snack.

Squirming and moving just enough to slide out of your position without waking him up was already a challenge, but you silently celebrated when you got out of the bed. You quietly and carefully snuck downstairs, making your way to the kitchen and rummaging through the cabinets.

Your eyes light up at the sight of a Lays bag sitting on one of the upper shelves, you carefully climb the counters and grab the bag. Squatting down then sitting on the edge of the counter, opening the bag in delight as you took your first bite.

So here you were, eating a bag of chips at who knows what time whilst swinging your legs back and forth like a child on the couch. You turned on your tv and started watching netflix on it, making sure the volume isn't too high.

That was until you heard a 'click' and the lights turned on only to reveal your boyfriend, rubbing his eyes and yawning sleepily. His bedhead showed as he gave you a questioning look. Oh you were in trouble for sure.

"Why are you up? Do you have any idea what time it is?" asks a sleepy Eren, you grip your chip bag tightly and sigh. "I got hungry, was I too noisy when I went down? you ask him.

He shakes his head, "No, I just didn't feel your presence beside me and got worried. You should go to bed soon." he tells you, you jump off the counter and make your way to him. "But I'm still hungry." you pout.

He sighs and walks to the kitchen, grabbing a box of cereal and 2 bowls, pouring some of the cereal in each bowl and grabbing the milk carton from the fridge. Pouring the milk in the bowls and grabbing a spoon, plopping it down as he sat on the stool.

"Here, I might as well eat early breakfast since it's already 5:30." your eyes widen as you look at your phone's clock, "I didn't even notice, so much for a midnight snack." you murmur before sitting next to him and eating your cereal as well.

He stands up and places his bowl in the sink, kissing the top of your head as he wraps his arms around your waist. You lean into his embrace, grinning from ear to ear. "After this we'll go shopping, okay? We need to buy some stuff for our trip." he whispers, you hum in approval and finish your cereal and place it in the sink as well.

"I'll get my phone and bag upstairs." you tell Eren, you suddenly feel him grab your wrist and pull you back. He hugs you tightly, you bury your face in his chest. As you two stood there in each other's embrace, he lifted your chin and kissed your lips softly. You smiled against the kiss and started giggling when you two pulled away.

"What was that for?" you ask him, smiling. "I love you so much." he says, hugging you again. "I just want us to stay like this for a little longer." he mumbles, you nod and wrap your arms around his shoulder in a loving embrace.