𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗍 | 𝗋𝖾𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝗋𝖺𝗎𝗇

"None of you were followed, right?"

Annie asked her friends as they sat outside the barracks in a secluded area for another one of their secret meet-ups, you weren't suspicious of it at first until you started noticing a pattern in the times Annie would sneak out at night.

She usually snuck at on Wednesdays of every other week, you also heard from some of the boys that Reiner and Bertholdt also disappear in the middle of the night during the same days. So today you finally decided to follow them and listen in on what they were discussing. You were always suspicious of those three even when Reiner was courting you which you accepted but had to set ground rules since well you two were soldiers.

"Anyways, i think we should strike Trost a few days before graduation. If we do it any later we'll already be separated because i'm heading to the Military Police. Plus we have duty with our gear on that day so it'll be easier for us to blend in." Annie spoke, her bored eyes staring at Reiner and Bertholdt.

Reiner stayed silent whilst he sat on a log with his arms crossed and his eyebrows furrowed, he was obviously tired and wanted to go to bed after the intense training Instructor Shadis had given everyone today.

You clenched your fist tightly and tried to process the words Bertholdt said,

Strike? Trost District?

These thoughts caused more confusion.

"I'll transform while i'm on duty, i'll leave for a bit then after i transform i can just put my uniform and gear back on and leave. Reiner, you need to stay nearby in case something goes wrong." Bertholdt said.

You didn't even dare to peek to see their faces, you knew thay if they caught you they could and would probably kill you for knowing their secret. You crouched down from behind the wall you hid in to take a deep breath and gather your thoughts, transform? What kind of drugs could these three possibly be on? Can they be titans..? Can titans transform into humans and vice versa? It would make sense since five years ago the titan appeared out of nowhere then just left like it was air.

"Yeah, okay. Can we go to sleep now? It's not like we need to discuss anything else and we know what to do, we need to search for the Founding titan and get it back." Reiner grumbled and looked off to the side with a frown.

"Actually, there's one more thing. You and (Y/N) are a thing, right? Would it be so appropriate to be in an intimate relationship with the enemy? She's strong and smart, if she catches on we'll have no choice but to get rid of her." Annie glared at the blond who glared back.

"You think I care if she's the enemy? No. As stupid as it may sound but i've fallen for her, and it sucks that the only reason i'm here is because we're supposed to kill everyone on this island because they're 'devils'."

Standing up you hurried over the corner to get into the restroom to hide, luckily you were able to get in unnoticed since you heard the three start talking again. Quietly closing the door you leant up against it and let out a sigh, "Are you fucking joking? Not only is our enemy in the Cadet Corps but i'm dating one of them."

~~

The dreaded day of attacking Trost had arrived and Reiner wasn't his usual self, you noticed that he was either quiet or awkward when talking. You couldn't get their conversation out of your head but decided to push it away as you didn't wanna give anything away. Right now Instructor Shadis was giving out the assignments for the day and you were on cannon duty at the entrance to Trost, upon hearing that you felt your blood run cold and your eyes widen.

"Yo (Y/N), why're you quiet today?" Jean approached you and nudged your side with his usual smug smile, you blinked and chuckled. "It's nothing, Jean. Just thinking about something. It sucks that i'm gonna spend the whole day shoving a giant stick inside a cannon to clean it when i could be in the town snacking during duty!"

Marco laughed at your hunger for food when breakfast only needed an hour or so ago, "You, Sasha, and Connie really are the hungriest ones in the 104th. But also the strongest so there's that to make up for it."

You grinned and secured the blades to the container. Walking to Reiner you stood on your toes to reach his height and placed a kiss on his cheek, you then brought your lips to his ear with your warm breath tickling his ear.

"After all of this, we need to talk. I know your little secret, warrior." you whispered and walked away to head to your assigned squad,

Just like the three had plans nights ago there was indeed a breach in the wall, Trost had been broken into thanks to the Colossal Titan and now it was a battle to take back the district. You should've known better than to expose yourself but you didn't want to carry on the guilt of knowing about all of this while people were dying.

You hopped onto a rooftop to see Marco there without his gear and calling out for someone, "Marco! Where's your gear? You should've called for backup if yours got destroyed."

Running to him you were able to kill a titan that was nearby and successfully bring him to the others so he could get a new set of gear to continue slaying the titans.

But what didn't sit right with you was that at the corner of your eye you saw Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie standing to where Marco was yelling. It was as if they just left him there, what could've happened if you didn't notice him sooner enough?