Your Confession

The cries of your comrades were the only thing you could hear, their pleads for help, their screams. You watched as numerous people were devoured before your eyes, all because the Colossus Titan kicked a hole into Wall Rose.

Where were you in all of this? In the hands of a titan, emotionlessly staring into its giant eyes then at its wide mouth. You tried cutting the fingers as an effort to escape but you had dulled your blades killing numerous titans prior to this. The titan catching you was unexpected, you were about to kill another titan when it grabbed your wire and slammed you into a wall.

You closed your eyes, ready to accept your fate of death. You were ready to join everyone else who died, you knew your death was in vain at this point. The amount of titans coming into the wall was too much and it was only until the whole area would be swarming with titans thus losing territory.

Your head neared the titan's teeth, slowly closing in the bite into your skull. A scream erupted from behind the titan, an ear-piercing screech. One second you were about the die, the next a dead titan's body was evaporating next to you. Looking up, you saw a titan killing another titan. This titan didn't look like the usual titans, it had long brown hair, emerald eyes that looked so familiar. Opening its jaw, it screamed again and you covered your ears.

Quickly latching onto a building, you flew up on the roof. Connie flew over to you and started screaming, "What the hell was that? You were about to die! Why did you stop fighting?- Is that... a titan killing another titan?" his rant was cut short as he diverted his attention from you to the unknown titan.

"I d-don't know.. I was about to be eaten but that titan killed it." You pointed at the titan then at the dead titan body. Connie gulped, "Let's get out of here, Jean has a plan to get supplies." He grabs your arm, you nod at him and fly off to the others.

~~

"Where's (Y/N)?" Connie screams, the last time he saw you was when everyone was getting supplies. Somehow, you disappeared after Eren transformed and lifted the boulder.

"Wasn't she with you?" Sasha asks, Connie shakes his head.

"She disappeared when Eren started lifting the boulder!" he replies, gripping his head tightly.

"What's going on?" Jean asks, going to the two. "(Y/N)'s missing! Aren't you her squad leader?" Sasha starts to panic.

"I'm sure she's fine, we can look for her later. We have to keep these titans away from Eren." Jean tells them, zooming away to the the roofs near Eren's titan form.

The two cadets share a worried glance before nodding, splitting up and going to their assigned squads.

"(Y/N), let's go! There are more titans closing in on Eren, we need to help the others!" Connie called out to you, he nodded before looking at another roof.

"You go ahead, i'll stay behind and make sure no one else gets hurt." you tell him, he sighs. "Okay, be careful!" you waved goodbye to him and ran off.

As you were making your way back to your friends after double checking each building, you felt something hit your body sending into a wall. The last thing you saw was a titan reaching its hand to you before you passed out.

~~

The sound of birds chirping and people chatting woke you up, you sat up to an unfamiliar environment. A small room with a bed, chair, and table. Unbeknownst to you, Reiner was seated next to your bed, sitting up as he slept.

Your attempt to get up and walk to the door was unsuccessful, you noticed a bandage around your head and another wrapped around your arm. You groan in pain, "So much for almost dying twice."

This causes Reiner to wake up, he immediately stands up and walks over to you who was facing the other side of the bed. "Be careful, you should've woken me up for help."

Your eyes widen, "Reiner? What are you doing here?" you ask him.

"Making sure you're okay, do you need anything? Water? A pillow?" he asks, helping you sit on the edge of the bed.

"I'm fine, what exactly happened? I remember a titan almost grabbing me.." you rubbed your eyes, he sighs and

"A titan was almost gonna grab you, i found you unconscious all scratched up. You've been asleep for a day, actually." he explains, you nod.

"Thank you for that, but why did you stay?" you tilt your head slightly, eyeing him curiously.

"To watch over you, well that and to make sure your bandages don't get messed up." he shrugs, you didn't buy his answer.

"Sasha could've done it, maybe Jean or Connie. We're not exactly the best of friends so why stay with me?" you ask again.

"Jean's hurting, okay? They found M-Marco's body half-eaten while they were gathering the bodies, Jean knew that if he was the one to tell you it would hurt him even more seeing you cry!" Reiner almost yells, "Marco's d-dead?"

"This is a joke, right? Marco is probably standing outside the door and you guys are playing a prank on me, tell me it isn't true!" you scream, your tears causing your vision to blur and your voice cracking.

"Tell me Marco is alive, tell me he's alive! He doesn't deserve to die, he's skilled and caring. It should've been me, he doesn't deserve any of this!" you grip your blanket tightly.

"This is all a bad dream, when i wake up everyone will be okay." you whisper, "This isn't real.."

Reiner gives you a bone-crushing hug, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." he buries his head in your shoulder.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). This isn't a dream, everything is real." he says in a quiet whisper, "Marco's gone, I'm sorry."

You let out a shaky breath, "Thank you for being here with me, is it okay if you stay with me for a bit longer?"

"Y- yeah sure, it's gonna be okay. You'll get through this, I'll be with you." he tells you, you nod and hug him back.

Reiner knew that he should've come clean to you on Marco's death, but he also knew that if he told you he was the cause of Marco's death, it could cause a bigger issue.