𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗆𝖾𝗍

The sound of people chatting and laughing filled your ears, you were aimlessly poking your fish on the plate presented infront of you. Your elbow on the table and your chin rested in your palm, your head shot up to hear shouting.
Jean, who had been sitting right in front of you stood up and started shouting at another cadet who you acquainted earlier on named Eren.

It was the end of the first day in Cadet Corps, everyone was either getting to know each other or complaining about how harsh Instructor Shadis was during the ceremony. Speaking of the ceremony, the girl who was eating a potato was probably still running laps until now.

Excusing yourself from the table and nudging Jean signalling him to stop his nonsense, he just nodded and continued arguing. Of course he didn't pay attention, he was a cocky horse face anyway.

You walked outside, greeted by the night's breeze. A few other cadets were also watching the girl running laps, "She's still running?" you ask them. A blonde girl with blue eyes stood by the steps, a boy with a shaved head and big light hazel eyes leaning on the wooden railing.

"Yeah, she started running the moment Shadis said it was that or no food for a week." he chuckles, you shook your head and sighed.

"I'll get her some food and water." the blonde girl says before scurrying away back inside to find something for the brunette running laps, Sasha Braus.

"You're Connie, right? The boy Shadis called small and picked you up by the head?" you snicker, "Look who's talking, you're shorter than me!" he barks.

"But the way Shadis picked you up and your face was so funny!" you laugh, leaning on the rail and gripping your stomach.

"Yeah yeah, you must be (Y/N) right? You're the chick sitting with Jean and Marco." he asks, "You mean Horse face?" you laugh.

Eren emerges from the door looking annoyed, Mikasa following swiftly after. Jean shortly appeared behind you and Connie with an odd look on his face. He sees Eren and Mikasa talking and it seemed like Eren was scolding Mikasa about something, Jean wipes his hand on Connie's back.

You start laughing uncontrollably as Connie desperately tried to see what the hell was on his back, "What's the deal, muchacho? What did you wipe on my back?" he asks fearfully.

"My faith in humanity." is all Jean says, the same emotionless and odd look painted on his face. As your laughter died down, you pat Jean's back.

"Are you mad about Eren's little scene or are you jealous of him because of Mikasa?" you ask
him, he becomes visibly flustered and starts stuttering nonstop trying to find his words.

"It's okay Jean, if she doesn't like you eventually you can always date a horse." you chuckle, he flicks your forehead and you gasp. Rubbing the spot where he flicked you, you heard Connie laughing.

"You better start running, you chihuahua!" you yell, he gives off a fearful expression and starts sprinting away. You follow as fast as you could, "Wait until I get my hands on you!"

~~

After your first encounter with Connie, you two had become close and tended to hang out a lot. Of course adding Sasha to your group making you the iconic trio known for always stealing food or doing stupid things.

As for training, you three managed to rise the ranks and become stronger daily. Speaking of training, what were you doing right now? You were tailing Jean in the forest so you could steal a titan kill from him. It sounds mean but in reality it was easier than going off alone looking for a titan dummy to slay, well that and it was funny seeing Jean all pissed off.

"Sasha, I see one!" you whisper-yell to your friend who nods and passes the message to Connie. You three agreed to take turns when killing a titan and it was currently your turn to take the kill.

The silent hissing of your gas and the sound of your wires being reeled was the only thing that rang to your ears, you held your blades tightly and drew your focus to the dummy titan being slowly lifted up.

In an instant, you flew past Jean and sliced the dummy titan's neck to the point where even the wood got chopped off. You raised your arms carelessly in the air still gripping your blades, "Yahoo!" you yelled happily.

"Dammit (Y/N), stop stealing my kills!" Jean screams angrily, catching up to you. You winked at him playfully and laughed, "Sorry, Jean!" you told him before your friends arrived.

"That was so cool, it was such a deep cut you almost destroyed the dummy!" Connie exclaims excitedly, Sasha was laughing loudly. "Jean's face almost killed me!" she roars in laughter.

"I should make it up to him later, he's probably pissed." you say unsure of your plan to get Jean to forgive you. "He'll be fine, don't worry." Connie clears his throat.

"Is the chihuahua jealous?" you tease, his ears become light pink and he furrows his brows. "Oi, don't be so self-centered, you midget." he hits the back of your head.

"Owie, you didn't need to hit me!" you yell, "Yeah as if you would listen!" he yells back.

"Guys, don't fight. How about we all sneak into the kitchen later and steal a few potatoes?" she smiles brightly and starts drooling, hearts in her eyes as she daydreamed about all the food she wanted to eat after training.

"I swear Sasha, food is the only thing on your mind most of the time." you sigh out, "Wrong actually, it's all the time!" she grins.

"Okay okay, let's go and hurry before all the titan dummies are slain." you tell them, picking up the speed of your gear. "Jean, where are you?" you call out, planning to do the same thing you did earlier.

"Oh hell no, it's my turn!" Connie barks, "Nuh-uh, it's my turn!" Sasha zooms past you.