Enough | Reiner Braun

Just like every other person, Reiner had many regrets in his life. Everyday he is reminded how his choices had consequences that he had to deal with, whether he liked it or not. At the age of 19, he had grown tired of the burdens he carried on his shoulders, he was tired of the deaths that pricked his conscience. Who wouldn't be tired? All his life he was a weapon, raised around violence and discrimination. He never had a normal childhood nor did he ever experience what it felt like to be normal for even a second. He was either Reiner The Warrior or Reiner The Soldier, there was no in between for him.

One of the regrets that haunted him the most was when he betrayed and abandoned his supposed allies in Paradis. The people he had spent 3 years, maybe more with. Those people trusted him and looked up to him but all he did was stomp on that image of himself and leave. Among those allies was you, a strong-willed Scout and known to be the blond man's significant other. You took the news hard once you saw that he was indeed the Armoured Titan that helped break down the gates of Wall Maria years ago, you never got to confront him about it because of all the chaos that ensued leading up to his departure.

Yet now here you stood within the vicinity of the very man you hoped to never cross paths again. Somehow, the Warrior Unit, or what of it remained, has partnered up with the Scouts that chose to stop Eren and The Rumbling. After the chaos that was Jean beating up Reiner, dinner had ended and you volunteered to wash the used dishes in a nearby river. You knelt by the edge with a stack of bowls next to you and one in your hand.

A majority of the alliance was already asleep, the last you checked it was only Hanji awake but you doubt that they were still awake now. The moment your hands touched the river's cold water you felt a chill go up your spine. "So cold." you shudder.

"I can't believe him! That bastard!" you yell, kicking the bale of hay beside you. As of right now, only 9 members of the Survey Corps have survived yet were injured after retaking Wall Maria. Not even a whole day has passed since the whole ordeal and you found it hard to calm yourself down. You were experiencing a flurry of emotions. Loss, anger, heartbreak, betrayal, and disgust.

You had lost friends and mentor figures all thanks to the warriors that came from outside the walls. But now with Armin having inherited the Colossal Titan, this could be an advantage to Paradis. "You're just gonna make a mess." sighs Jean as he walks over to you, his arm in a sling. Letting out a huff you picked up the rake, starting to clean up your rage-induced mess.

"So, about uh, what happened..." he leans on the fence of the stables awkwardly, his free hand fiddling with the fabric of his sling. Looking up at him with your brows jagged downwards you rolled your eyes, "I know. Reiner fucking betrayed us a while back, and when we thought he was finally gone he appeared again. But this time he wiped out almost the entire regiment. All we have now is the Colossal Titan and whatever they found in Eren's basement. Needless to say, I'm furious and as much as I would love to cry about it, I can't."

"It... hurts. I really trusted him. Even when he was acting really suspicious, I gave him the benefit of the doubt but after seeing everything all I can think about is the people he's killed. The people who have been eaten by titans because he broke the wall. I don't know what Hanji's gonna plan now, if we're gonna fight back or not. I know damn well that whatever military forces our enemies have, they won't back down. If anything we might end up as a giant target to them and suddenly wake up to hundreds of people outside our walls wanting to fight." you place the rake back where you found it, wiping your hands on your pants.

Jean purses his lips, seeming to be deep in thought. "You're coping better than I expected, sort of." he says with a light chuckle.

You smile. "I can't mope around. That's not what a soldier does, I gotta fight through it."