viii. illness and idiots

"health is not valued till sickness comes "

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

"NOAH? EARTH TO NOAH?" Noah jumped as Sirius repeated his name, blinking a few times and being drawn back to reality. He shuddered involuntarily, rubbing his forehead. He had been doing that a lot since he got back, zoning out for long periods of time. He supposed an order meeting was not the best place to do it.

"Sorry," he muttered. "Is it my turn to speak?"

"Meetings over mate," James said. "Come on, let's go home."

Noah nodded vacantly, his head still swimming.

"You alright?" Sirius said.

"Fine," Noah murmured. He needed to get home now, he needed to see Cass now.

"Do you want to stop by the shops for something for pudding?" Sirius asked. "I'm feeling some ice cream."

"I want to go home," Noah said firmly. Home was where Cass was and he had to make sure Cass was alright, just in case.

"I think I will then," Sirius said. "I'll meet you there. James, you coming?"

"Nah, said to Lily I'd go straight back didn't I?" James said.

Over the past two months, Lily, Cass and Grace had reduced the amount of order meetings they were going to and stopped going on missions. Cass was not risking anything, not since last time, and Grace and Lily were following her lead. Alice had stopped missions but was still attending most meetings.

"Blimey, alright," Sirius mumbled. "I'll catch up with Moony and Wormy then, drag them to the shops."

"Bring them back, won't you?" James said. "They can come for whatever pudding you buy."

"Will do!" Sirius called over his shoulder, already hurrying off after Remus.

"Noah, mate, are you sure you're alright?" James asked, his lips falling into a worried frown.

"Just want to get home," Noah said, running a hand through his hair. He quickened his pace out of the apparation wards. "I'll meet you there."

Noah and James landed simultaneously in the alleyway behind their flats. Noah immediately looked James up and down, exhaling with relief as he made sure James wasn't splinched. James adjusted his glasses, starting towards the flats. Noah walked briskly up the stairs, James practically jogging to keep up.

"Noah, slow down," he said, slightly out of breath. Noah did not respond, simply opening the door to the flat.

"Hello?" He called.

"Dada!" Lia squealed, tottering unsteadily through to the hallway.

"Lia, be careful!" Cass' voice bounced through to Noah and Noah felt his shoulders sag with relief. She was okay.