x. "bros before hoes"

"sometimes we need someone to simply be there, not to fix anything, or do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are cared and supported for

"sometimes we need someone to simply be there, not to fix anything, or do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are cared and supported for."
unknown

tw — mention of alcohol abuse, suicidal thoughts

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS FIDDLED WITH HER WEDDING RING as she waited in Minnie's office for Madam Pomfrey. Today was her first proper day as juinor Hogwarts healer and she was a nervous. Minerva returned with Madam Pomfrey in tow, both of the women smiling warmly.

"Good to see you Cassiopeia!" Madam Pomfrey said. "I was informed of your final exam results, exceptional dear, well done."

"Thanks Madam Pomfrey." Cass said. "Only the best for Hogwarts, eh?"

"Oh please, call me Poppy now." Madam Pomfrey chuckled. "You're not a student anymore."

"Oh don't I know it?" Cass mumbled.

"Well, there's not too much to do at the moment — but there is a quidditch match in an hour, so no doubt there'll be an injury or two then. Come along, I'll show you where everything is." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Alrighty, catch ya later Minnie." Cass said. "Am I still okay to floo home from here?"

"Of course Cassiopeia, no worries." Minerva said. "Have a good day now."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

SURE ENOUGH, THERE WERE THREE injuries from the quidditch match, Slytherin versus Ravenclaw. Cass bustled about, handing two of the Ravenclaw boys ice packs to soothe their swollen heads whilst Madam Pomfrey whipped up some special healing salve. Cass turned to the third occupied bed, pulling back the curtain.

"Reg!" She exclaimed in surprise. Regulus stared at her.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I work here now." Cass said. "Don't worry, I won'r ruin your whole Slytherin Prince reputation." She smiled teasingly. "What did you do then?"

"Fucked my ankle." Regulus muttered. "Bludger skimmed it."

"Let me take a look." Cass said, reaching for her wand.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" Regulus said, grimacing as Cass shifted his ankle.

"How do you know that?" Cass said, frowning suspiciously. "It looks broken, your ankle I mean." Regulus raised his eyebrows, glancing at her stomach — which was now very noticeable, her being six months pregnant and all.

"It's not that hard to figure out." He said.

"I could just have gained weight." Cass said, pointing her wand at Regulus' ankle. He hissed in pain as it reset itself.