iv. godric's bitches

" friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together

" friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together. "
woodrow wilson

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

THE NEXT FEW WEEKS brought work and stress, Cass now having to juggle being back at the Healing Academy and the order. She had been on one assignment so far, with Marlene and Dorcas, and her heart was in her mouth the whole time —
they had stopped a raid at a ministry officials home, successfully holding off the death eaters until the aurors arrived to take them in to custody.

Lily was up to ninety-nine, planning her and James' wedding, which was to take place on the 5th of February, a few days after Lily's 19th birthday. Lily and James couldn't exactly go on a proper honeymoon with a month old baby, and neither of them were willing to leave Clara with somebody else for more than a few hours, so they had compromised on a week away in France with their daughter. They were going to leave the day after the wedding, so that they could get suitably drunk and not have to worry about settling Clara when they arrived. Cass had already agreed to babysit Clara throughout the day and then overnight, as she couldn't drink anything anyways — being pregnant and all.

Cass trudged home after a long day of sitting in lectures, wanting nothing more than to just collapse on the sofa and watch some shitty game show. She stifled a yawn as she entered the flat, throwing her keys down on the side table.

"I'm back!" She called, wandering through to the living room. "Oh, Marlene — what're you doing here?"

"Good to see you too Cassie." Marlene laughed, giving Cass a hug.

"That's not what I mean silly." Cass said. "You look nice."

"Thanks." Marlene grinned. Her blonde hair was neatly curled, her eyes rimmed heavily with eyeliner, and a tight red dress hugging her body. "Go and get dressed, I've decided that tonight is Lily's hen do."

"Isn't that my job to organise?" Cass said, a small frown flitting over her face.

"You have enough on your plate babes." Marlene said. "And it's very spit second, because if not tonight then when? Lily gets married in two days, her freedom is running out."

"Where is Lily?" Cass said.

"Here." Lily said, inserting some earrings as she came through to the living room.

"Where's Clara?" Cass said.

"James took her to his parents', Sirius went with him." Lily shrugged.

"Does he know we're going out?" Cass said.

"Yeah, course he does." Lily said. "Come on Cass, live a little. Chill out."

"I'm pregnant Lils, theres not even any point in me coming." Cass deadpanned.

"Course there is!" Lily said. "Cass, you're my best friend, my maid of honour, you're not missing my fucking hen do. Go and get ready."