xx. first words and same mistakes

" i guess if you keep making the same mistake enough, it becomes your style

" i guess if you keep making the same mistake enough, it becomes your style. "

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS JOLTED AWAKE, REACHING OUT for Noah. Noah found her hand and squeezed it, picking up his wand from the bedside cabinet. Lily had woken too, looking panicked. James and Sirius, along with Peter, were helping Remus with the full moon.

"Some— someone's out there." Lily said, sounding fearful.

"I'll go and investigate, you two stay here." Noah said firmly, casting a quick lumos.

"No! What if something happens?" Cass said. "I'm coming with you." It was four o'clock in the morning, and the sun was starting to creep into the sky, the crisp October air bringing a chill over London.

Cass clutched tightly on to Lily's hand, their wands drawn. Noah led the way out of the bedroom. There was the sound of quiet whimpers, and a few mumbled apologies coming from the living room. What kind of intruder would be apologising?

"Put your hands in the air and drop your want!" Noah said authoritatively, pointing his wand at the two dark figures.

"Turn the light on you idiot." James' voice sounded through the darkness. "It's us." Lily flipped the switch, sighing with relief at the sight of James. Her expression faltered as she saw him covered in blood, the dog form of Sirius lain on the couch next to him. She went to rush to him but Noah held out a hand to stop her.

"Don't, it could be a trap." He said cautiously. "James, uh what's your favourite flavour of ice cream?"

"Strawberry." James said. "Now can you please help me?"

Cass ran to his side, the colour draining from her face at the sight of Sirius' dog form. He had several large gashes down his stomach, blood dripping steadily out of them. She knelt down beside him, summoning the heavy duty first aid kit.

"What happened?" Lily said, placing a hand on James' shoulder.

"It was a bad moon. Remus sort of snapped, there was something else in the forest I think. I could hear something, but couldn't see it. Sirius tried to calm him down and Remus... well, you can see what happened. I managed to get Remus calmed and he fell asleep, he'll be back to himself now, and then I came straight here. I thought it'd be too risky to get him to change back."

"That was probably best." Noah murmured.

"They shouldn't scar, well not like werewolf scratches usually do." Cass said. "They'll scar like normal scars, because he was in his animagus form." She finished cleaning the wounds, trying to ignore the dogs pained whimpers. She skilfully bandaged up the wounds, after applying some healing potion to make them heal faster and reduce what scarring would be left.