xxiii. "no drinkypoos for cass"

" trauma is a fact of life

" trauma is a fact of life. it does not, however, have to be a life sentence. "
peter a. levine

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS BIT DOWN ANXIOUSLY on her lip, running a hand over her stomach. She had really been feeling off recently, nauseous, and her boobs were so fucking sore. Really, she felt like she had when she found out she was pregnant with the twins. But she couldn't be pregnant, not again.

Lily was feeling a similar way, but the two of them had dismissed it as a bug, so had spent a few days in bed.

"Cass, I— I don't think this is a bug." Lily admitted on the fourth day.

"Yes it is, of course it is." Cass said. "What else could it be?"

"I think you and I both know the answer to that." Lily said. "Cass, are we—"

"No." Cass said. "I know what you're going to say and we're not, we can't be."

"It's possible." Lily said quietly. "Cass, come on, you have to admit you're feeling like you did last time. I am."

"The twins are barely six months old, I cannot be pregnant again!" Cass hissed.

"I think we should get tests." Lily said. Cass folded her arms. "Okay, well I'm getting a test. Do you want one?"

"No." Cass said.

"Suit yourself." Lily said, swinging her legs out of bed.

"I have to go to work anyway." Cass said. "Don't do it without me."

"I won't." Lily said. "I'll get you one in case you change your mind."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

LILY HANDED CASS A BOX, a satisfied smile on her face. She had finally managed to convince her just to do a pregnancy test, to know either way. Cass eyed it with distaste.

"I still think there must be a spell or something, so I don't have to piss on a stick." She said.

"Maybe there is, but I can't be bothered to find one and I want to know now." Lily said. "I'll go first." Cass nodded, sliding down against the wall of the bathroom and sitting on the floor. They were in the toilets of Asda, the flat being too full to do anything in private. There were two cubicles, but the toilet in one of them didn't have a seat, looking as is it'd been snapped off. Ah, mindless vandalism.

"Lils, what if we are pregnant?" Cass said, fiddling with the sleeve of her jumper.

"I'm not sure." Lily said. "But we'll handle it."

"Do you think James wants more kids?"

"Yeah, he's said before he wants a big family, since he was an only child." Lily said. "I want a big family too, if I'm honest. Does Noah?"