xi. utter bliss

☆*゚・゚。

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

THE BEACH WAS LUCIOUS, THE WAY the sound of waves crashing, the rush of the air in her hair and the feeling of sand between her toes made Cass feel incredibly happy. She couldn't explain it, but it was like the ocean soothed her. Maybe it wasn't the ocean at all, maybe it was being in company with her best friends, her family. Seeing Nick and Lia so happy too was an unmatched feeling.

"Mummy! Mummy! Wake up!" Lia said, bouncing precariously on the bed beside her. Cass' eyes fluttered open, and she smiled softly.

"I'm up babygirl," she said, stifling a yawn. "Where's your dad, eh?"

"Morning love," Noah said, nudging the door open with his hip, a breakfast tray in his hands. "Did you sleep alright?"

"Wasn't anything special," Cass shrugged, propping herself up on the pillow. "But I've had worse. Where's our other spawn?"

"With James," Noah said. "He was 'helping' make breakfast."

"I could of come down, you know," Cass said, eyes twinkling as Noah laid down her breakfast on her lap. "I'm pregnant, not incapable."

"Just eat your breakfast love," Noah chuckled. "And get ready for another day at the beach!"

"Beach! Beach!" Lia cheered. "Swim!"

"Maybe Daddy will take you in the water if you're good, hmm?" Cass said, tucking into her scrambled eggs.

"Maybe Mummy will come too," Noah said, scooping Lia up onto his lap and sitting down beside Cass.

"Maybe Mummy won't do that."

"Bet I can convince you to," Noah said.

"Bet you can't."

"Is that a challenge?" Noah quirked an eyebrow.

"Yes."

Noah grinned and leant into whisper something in her ear, leaving Lia happily munching on a piece of stolen toast.

"Morning!" James interrupted cheerily. "Time for the beach, I say."

"I'll say you, you twat," Cass mumbled. "Go away."

"Now why would I do that Cassie, hmm?" James grinned. "Lia wants me here, don't you Lia-bear?"

"Jam! Jam!" Lia said, clapping her hands together.

"See, I told you so," James said triumphantly.

"Or she just wants jam on her toast," Noah shot back, rising from the bed and placing Lia on his hip.

"Yeah, she didn't say Jampot, now did she Jamesie?" Cass teased, smiling widely as James went red.

"I thought we let that name die," he muttered.