xix. "it's reverse vandalism!"

" love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get — only what you're expecting to give — which is everything

" love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get — only what you're expecting to give — which is everything. "
katharine hepburn

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

THE DAYS SEEMED TO SLIP away like sand, and it was soon September the first. Cass still felt a sense of sadness at the fact she would not be returning to Hogwarts, missing the days where life was simple (well, simpler).

The past two months had been filled with therapy sessions, skipping order meetings and long days spent with Lily, curled up on the sofa with their babies. James, Sirius, Noah, Remus, Alice, Peter and Grace had all restarted order missions, but Cass, Lily and Marlene just weren't ready to.

Whenever James, Sirius and Noah didn't return on time, Cass and Lily would sit on tenterhooks, worrying frantically about what might have happened to them. They always came home, and assured them everything was fine. Cass could tell that Lily was growing restless, tired of missing out on the action, but James was determined she wasn't going back until her nightmares had decreased and she could go a night without waking up, covered in cold sweat and tears.

Cass and Lily were still yet to spend a night apart, the two couples alternating between Cass and Noah's bed, and James and Lily's bed. Usually, James or Noah ended up on the floor after being pushed out by someone else, the beds not quite being big enough for them all to move about comfortably in their sleep.

Marlene was not doing great, spending her days smoking and her nights drinking. Sirius was doing his best to help her, knowing how it felt to turn to alcohol and cigarettes. To be honest, the only reason Sirius was doing better was because Remus was back. Even the knowledge that Remus was only a phone call, or even an apparation, away made Sirius feel better than he had done since they had broken up. They may not have been together still, but they were always going to be there for each other.

And anyways, maybe Sirius still had the teeniest, tiniest crush on Remus, okay who was he kidding? Maybe Sirius was still head over fucking heels in love with Remus Lupin, not that he'd ever admit that. He knew that Remus was being sensible in keeping them apart, because they were both rather unstable at present.

Cass and Noah, along with James and Lily, were on a date, a very well deserved date as the four of them had hardly had anytime to themselves since the twins had been born, or Clara in James and Lily's case. Sirius and Remus were on babysitting duty, which Cass never would have agreed to without the gentle persuasion from Noah that of course Remus and Sirius would put looking after the babies in front of their undeniable sexual tension, Remus would make sure of it.

So, the four of them had gone rollerskating of all things.

"Hiya mate, uh four sets please." Noah said politely, Lily standing beside him. James and Cass hung back, still rather unsure of the whole muggle money thing.