v. splinching and sorrow

" you can never run out of things that can go wrong "

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

NOAH PULLED GRACE DOWN with him as a jet of green light flew over their heads. Grace blasted the death eater who shot it backwards. They had been ambushed, they were just meant to have been looking for Edgar Bones, who had gone missing. There were spells shooting out of everybody's wands, making it hard to differentiate between friend and foe.

"Grace, stay down!" Noah called. "We need to get out of here!"

"I'm not leaving, are you kidding me?" Grace yelled back.

"You're pregnant! It's too dangerous!" Noah said.

"Lily and Alice are pregnant too and you aren't telling them to leave!" Grace said angrily. "They're literally fighting Voldemort!"

"What?" Noah whirled around, his eyes widening as he saw Lily and Alice shooting spells at the Dark Lord himself. Grace took Noah's distraction as a chance to free her arm of his grip and shoot back up to her feet. Noah wobbled slightly on his heels and nearly toppled backwards.

"Sorry Noah!" Grace called over her shoulder. Noah jumped up to go after her.

"Noah! Duck!" Sirius shouted. Noah hit the ground again, rolling out of the way as a flurry of spells came his way. He fumbled for his wand, casting a shield around himself as he struggled to his feet. He heard a scream of anguish as Voldemort shot a killing curse at James and Lily and they disapparated as it was inches from them. Noah flew backwards, blood trickling down his cheek.

Avery was standing over him, eyes gleaming with malice. Noah pulled his wand over his face, protecting himself from the curse that bounced off of his shield charm.

"Oh dear, oh dear, what're your little bastards going to do without both of their parents?" Avery sneered. Noah paled, pulling himself backwards by his elbows in an attempt to get away from Avery.

How did Avery know about the twins?

"When I've killed their father exactly like I killed their bitch of a mother," Avery leered, grinning devilishly.

Noah's face paled and he half heartedly shot a stunning spell at Avery's chest. Avery blocked it easily, his grin growing wider.

"Your poor orphaned babies," Avery mocked. "She begged for you, you know. She screamed you name, but you weren't there to save her."

"Shut up," Noah shook his head. "You're lying."

"Am I?" Avery smirked. "If I was lying, how would I have this?" He dangled a necklace, eerily similar to Cass' constellation necklace, in front of Noah. What was left of the colour in Noah's face drained away.

"You bastard," he croaked, hardly able to see straight, his head reeling.

"A shame really, if only she had complied to the rules of the sacred twenty-eight," Avery sighed. "What a waste of pure blood." He tutted, twirling his wand between his fingers. "She begged for death by the end."