xvii. the road to recovery

" it may be raining now, but the sun always comes out again

" it may be raining now, but the sun always comes out again. "
—unknown

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS HUMMED QUIETLY TO HERSELF as she strolled up the path to Potter Manor, arm in arm with Lily, a pram containing Clara, Nick and Lia in front of them. Noah, James and Sirius hadn't arrived yet, the three of them making the idiotic decision to take Sirius' motorbike. Since Lily and Cass were sensible, Lily had driven them in Noah's car.

"Oh, my poor girls." Euphemia Potter threw her arms around the two teenagers as soon as she answered the door, hugging them like she never wanted to let go. "We've been worried sick about you! Come in, come in."

Cass suddenly felt guilty for not coming to see Euphemia and Fleamont sooner. She had seen them briefly in passing when she was in Mungos, but she hadn't really been up to many visitors at once, and Sirius, Noah, Remus and James had hardly left her and Lily's side, along with scattered visits from Alice, Grace and Marlene.

"How've you been Euphemia?" Cass asked, lifting Lia out of the pram.

"I've been alright dear, how are things with you? Are you feeling alright after having the twins?"

"I didn't even feel it." Cass snorted. "One minute I was passing out, the next thing I do I have two kids."

"And in general? Are you recovering okay?" Euphemia said, eyes full of concern.

Cass thought about her inability to shower, her constant shaking limbs, the nights plagued by nightmares and the fact that she and Lily couldn't spend a night apart.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Cass shrugged.

"How about you Lily?" Euphemia said.

"I'm getting there." Lily said, not having the heart to explain to Euphemia that she was very much not getting there and that she was struggling desperately.

"So, the twins then, have they been healthy? With being born so early and all..."

"Oh, right, the twins." Cass laughed. "I don't think you've met them." She carefully handed Lia to Euphemia and picked up Nick.

"Aren't you the sweetest?" Euphemia cooed down at Lia. "What's her name?"

"Natalia Euphemia Rosenthal." Cass said proudly, and Euphemia gasped softly.

"Oh, Cassiopeia." She said. "I'm incredibly touched." She looked like she was about to cry.

"Had to name her after my mum, didn't I?" Cass said, tears welling in her own eyes.

"And what about this little man, hmm?" Euphemia said, glancing at the baby in Cass' arms.

"Nicholas Regulus Rosenthal." Cass said.