"We're going to the mall and no Promises." I leaned back out of the window and tapped the roof of the car before walking over to Triston's car and hopping into the passenger side. Pierce slammed on the gas and sped past us. Triston soon took off as well and headed towards the mall.

"So?" Triston glanced over to me "When are you going to tell him that you like him?"

"What?" I was taken back at what she said, looking over at her with a confused look "I do not like Pierce. He's the biggest dick I've ever met, not to mention the spitting, kidnapping, and strangling me and if I did you might need to send me to a therapist because Stockholm syndrome much."

"Oh come on Aspen, as someone who was head over heels for Pierce once and watched two other girls go through the same thing, I know the look and the act. Pierce Gunner may be a dick but he is a charmer. I mean the grey eyes, the smirk, the body, and the hard-ass personality it's not a question as to why people fall for him." Triston went on as she stared at the road and kept her hands on the wheel.

"Ok that's great and all Triston but I am not falling for Pierce. I only talk to him because we're practically forced to with how Xander and Archer make him follow me around like a lost puppy half the time." I was sure I had no feelings for Pierce. I mean sure I was attracted to him, what girl wouldn't be? But there was absolutely no way I had feelings for Pierce Gunner.

"If you say so.." Triston trailed off "It's only a matter of time Aspen, just don't let Xander or Archer find out there is a strict no dating within the gang rule after all the shit went down specifically with Pierce and Mercury. We can't afford to lose members over petty breakups."

We eventually got to the mall and found ourselves walking around, in and out of the shops. It was nice to finally be able to make friends and for us to get away from all the gang chaos for awhile. Although as we walked through the mall I couldn't help but keep thinking about what Triston had said. Did it really look like I like Pierce?

* * * *

After about an hour of trying on different dresses, we both got ours and checked out of the stores. "Wanna grab some food?" Triston asked and I nodded in agreement as we made our way to the food court.

"Hey, could I have an order of fries, a small coke-" Triston began to the man at the front of the counter at some pizza shop. A feeling of uneasiness came over me and felt like I was being watched, scanning over the mall only for my eyes to land directly on someone whose eyes were boring into mine.

My eyes widened in response and I quickly pulled Triston away from the counter as she was mid-order. "What the hell Aspen, I was ordering food-" Triston started but I quickly stopped her mid-sentence "Knox Kingston is here."

"Knox?" Triston's eyes widened and she scanned the crowd herself before turning back to me "Oh shit- Knox and his gang are here. We need to fucking go now."

Triston and I quickly began to walk in the other direction while a voice shouted out "Ambrosia!" Ignoring the call, Triston and I stopped our walking and took off running instead. Looking back I saw Knox and three other guys take off after us.

"Shit, shit, shit." Triston muttered as we ran through the crowds of people that filled the mall "How the hell did they know we would be here?!"

"Carpenter! Ambrosia! Stop running!" Knox called after us and we only continued to run as well got yelled at by security to stop running. Pulling my phone out, I quickly scrolled through my contacts and landed on Pierce's.

"This way." Triston pulled me towards an exit of the mall which left us in a parking lot that felt like it could be miles long. "Pick up, pick up, pick up," I muttered as the phone call just continued to ring.