Chapter 45; New Normal

Aurora's POV

I walked with Draco to the Room of Requirement. We entered and I sat in the large velvet arm chair I always sat in when I came with him now. I opened one of my books to work on some homework and Draco started messing with the Vanishing Cabinet. I'd come here with him every once in a while so he didn't have to be alone in this giant room full of junk.

"I guess this room isn't as special anymore, huh?" Draco said, opening the cabinet to reveal a green apple. "It's nothing like when we were here for Valentine's Day."

"It isn't like it was then but it's still special." I told him. 

"No it isn't." Draco said putting the apple back in the cabinet and closing it.

"This isn't how anything was supposed to go." He said, frustrated. "Why couldn't Voldemort have just died like everyone thought?" 

"I don't know, Draco." I said. "But this is the hand we were dealt and we have to get through it together."

He went back to working on the cabinet and I went back to my book. A couple hours went by, Draco shut the cabinet door and picked the blanket up to cover it up.

"Ready to go back to the common room?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." I said picking up my things as he threw the large blanket over the Vanishing Cabinet.

We walked back to the dungeon and entered the common room. I saw Dracena sitting with Dustin but I didn't want to point it out to Draco.

"Hey Draco, Aurora!" She yelled waving at us.

"Great." Draco muttered and I took his hand and drug him over to his sister.

"Hey, Aurora." Dustin said to me.

"Seriously, Dustin?" Draco snapped.

"Don't do that." I said to Dustin.

"Do what?" He said sitting back in his chair.

"Act like Draco isn't standing here next to me." I snapped.

"You should show some respect before I have to teach you some." Draco snarled, starting to move towards him.

I put my hand on Draco's chest to stop him.

"Aurora would you just let me kick his teeth in one time and he'll leave you alone?" He asked.

I turned to face him, our faces only inches apart.

"I might." I heard Dustin say. "And then again, I might not."

"Now is not the time Draco." I said quietly to him, shifting my eyes to acknowledge Dracena just sitting there.

Draco nodded. I turned back around.

"So, what are you guys up to?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Dustin's just helping me with some homework." Dracena told us. "Where were you guys?" 

"Oh just studying in the library." I said, showing them my books in my hand.

"Studying or studying?" Dracena said raising her eyebrows.

I let out a laugh.

"We have a test this week, Dracena. Actual studying was happening." I laughed again and so did Draco.

"Well we'll leave you guys to work on your homework." Draco said to Dracena. "Dustin, I sure hope you're nicer to my little sister than you are to my girlfriend." 

I started to walk to the stairs that go straight to the girl's dormitory but Draco stopped me.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with me tonight?" He asked, giving a smirk.