Chapter 62; Journey

Aurora's POV

The next morning we got ready to leave my childhood home and made sure any trace of us being there had been wiped clean just in case Atlas came back again. We had also decided that we should travel to my grandparent's home in disguise just to be safe, we couldn't be found by Atlas and his people or the Order who were actively trying to find DeathEaters and arrest them. 

Draco needed to be more disguised than I did because he'd be recognized instantly by Aurors with his white hair. I sat on the bathroom counter with him standing in front of me, I waved my wand over his head and watched his hair and eyebrows change from the white blonde I was so used to, into a brunette. 

I looked over my shoulder into the mirror as he looked at himself.

"Okay, that's just bloody weird." He said looking at himself.

"Yeah it is." I giggled at him. "It will only last for a few days."

"My turn." Draco said raising his wand to me.

I had no idea what he'd do until I turned to look at myself in the mirror.

"Yeah because this is inconspicuous, Draco." I said to him.

"Well it isn't like your usual red hair." He laughed to himself.

I stared at myself and ran my fingers through the light pink hair attached to my head now.

"Whatever." I laughed and shook my head.

I watched Draco ruffled through our bag and start pulling out pieces to his signature all black suit.

"No." I said, making him stop.

"We can't dress like ourselves either." I told him.

"Then what am I supposed to wear?" Draco asked.

"Here." I pulled a pair of sweat shorts and a t-shirt out of our bag.

"You can't be serious." Draco said. "This is what I sleep in."

"Okay well you aren't Draco today." I said. "Stop being dramatic."

He shook his head as he pulled the shirt he was wearing over his head to put the one I pulled out for him on. I put on a pair of track shorts and a t-shirt. We both wore sneakers because we'd have to do a lot of walking today no matter what.

"Should we just apparate straight to your grandparent's?" Draco asked after we decided the house didn't have any trace of ourselves left in it.

"I want to just apparate to the town and walk the rest of the way just in case Atlas is there somehow." I said.

Draco smiled and shook his head.

"What?" I asked.

"Without your mind, I would have accidentally gotten myself killed by now." He said.

"What can I say?" I scrunched my nose at him. "You can't live without me."

Draco laughed at me before taking my hand.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I guess so." I said and we disapparated with a pop.

Our sneakers landed hard on the road that leads into the town and yet again I was so disoriented from apparation, Draco had to catch me like he had dozens of times before.

When I had gathered myself we started to walk towards the town but I caught Draco's arm, making him stop.

"Give me your arm." I said and he extended his left arm to me.