Chapter 68; Interrogation

Aurora's POV

Draco and I made it back into our bedroom before any one could follow us. I sat on the end of the bed, leg bouncing nervously, chewing on my thumbnail.

"Cat's out of the bag now." Draco shrugged and leaned down to try and look out the keyhole of the door.

"I didn't know what else to do. He would have killed us." I said.

"I know. I know. I'm not blaming you, love." He said still leaning down to the keyhole.

"Were you seriously going to let him kill your mother?" He asked.

"No, I was bluffing." I admitted.

"My mother's coming." Draco said and took several steps backward to make room for the door just as it burst open and Narcissa rushed into the room and straight to me.

"If you made that story up as an attempt to save yours and Draco's life, you had better have a very well rehearsed explanation when they ask for it. Or it was all for nothing." She crossed her arms over her chest while looking down to where I was sitting on the bed.

I opened my mouth to speak but Draco beat me to it.

"She isn't making it up, mother." He slowly walked over to us after closing the door Narcissa left open.

Her arms fell to her sides as she looked back and forth between her son and myself, with her jaw slightly unhinged she reached for my face, cupping my jaw with her hand. I looked at her waiting for her to speak.

"I can see it in your face now- it is true." She said softly, almost as though she was on the verge of tears.

She took a few beats to process the news before she started pacing the room.

"Oh this is insane, we can't let you bring a child into this world in this environment." Her voice now clipped with a hint of panic.

"You both have to run away." She turned on her heel and squared her shoulders to us. "It's the only way my grandchild has a chance of being safe."

Before Draco could dispute his mother's plan, Bellatrix waltzed through the door like it was her own bedroom with Lucius right behind her.

She didn't say a word to anyone as she came to stand next to her sister, directly in front of me.

"Show us." She demanded and grabbed my arm in an attempt to pull me to my feet.

I wrenched my arm out of her grasp.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I snapped and stood to my feet on my own, stepping towards her.

"I'm just saying it's a little too convenient of a story to have conjured up right when you've run out of chances with The Dark Lord."  She cocked her head and crossed her arms.

"Well my stomach isn't showing yet so that little performance was just a bit ridiculous, Bella." I snapped. "But it isn't made up."

"Bella, you could see a difference in me when I was expecting Draco- look at her. I mean, really look at her." Narcissa treaded lightly, keeping her voice soft.

Bellatrix studied me, my face and body before her eyes softened the slightest amount- the most I'm convinced she's capable of.

"You're all serious." She nodded. "When did this happen?"

Draco barked out a laugh. 

"Gee auntie, do you want a list of times and dates that I b-"

"Draco." Narcissa and I snapped at the same time.