Chapter 13: Diagon Alley

Aurora's POV

As I walked over to Draco is asked him;

"Do your parents think they have to buy me things? I mean I really don't need anything and I can pay for the Christmas Eve dress myself." I told him before his parents came through the fireplace.

He smiled and shook his head.

"No I think it's their way of saying you're part of the family now. They think it is their responsibility to take care of you. Plus, I think my mother likes you more than me." He told me.

"Oh that isn't possible" I told Draco as him mother stepped out of the fireplace.

Lucius followed.

"Where should we go first?" Narcissa asked.

"Ah, well since you ladies want to do some shopping Draco and I will just look around and maybe restock the both of you on supplies for school while you both shop?" Lucius asked.

"That sounds like a plan." Narcissa replied.

Draco kissed me on the cheek and started off with his father.

Narcissa and I walked from shop to shop, each of us picking something out every so often. Everyone we encountered in Diagon Alley directed their eyes away when mine would meet theirs. Not sure if it is because they recognized me or if it was Narcissa.. or both. We walked into a dress shop.

"Let's find something for Christmas Eve shall we?" Narcissa said with a smile.

We sifted through racks and showed each other different dresses. She was just like Draco, as soon as she was away from Lucius she was much softer and warmer.

"Should we also look for something for New Year's Eve?" She asked.

"Is there a party for that too?" I asked

"Oh no, Lucius and I will be out for the holiday but I thought you and Draco may want to do something?" She said

"Ah yeah that could be fun." I told her

We went towards the dressing rooms and Narcissa picked out a few things for herself and then I started to try dresses on. She beamed at me every time I came out of the dressing room in a new dress.

"I love Draco but being able to go dress shopping with a girl is something I've always wanted to do." She told me.

I smiled "I'm having such a good day with you." I told her.

I came out wearing an A-line dress that went to the floor and had a plunging neckline. Narcissa gasped. It was covered in dark green sequins, so dark they were almost black.

"That's the one." She had her hand on her mouth.

"For Christmas Eve, you think?" I asked swishing the bottom around.

"Oh yes that is breath-taking, Aurora." She told me. "Now let's find something for New Year's!"

I honestly love Draco's mum so much more than I thought I would. I expected her to hate me for taking her little boy away from her but she just treats me like her daughter instead.

I tried on a few more dresses but none were able to compete with the Christmas Eve dress I had on. We were getting near the bottom of the pile we had created. Next I put on a short dress that came about halfway down my thigh, it was black with silver flakes of glitter randomly about it with a slit at the side. It was so short it was dangerous, I assumed Narcissa wouldn't approve. I took it off and tried on the next dress. I put on a black floor length gown and hugged my curves perfectly, the front was plain but the back, oh it was stunning, it had a silver metal serpent going from the small of my back up to the top of my back. I didn't know I was capable of looking like this.