Chapter 9: Picnic Date

Aurora's POV

It's been a couple months since Draco and I had out little.. disagreement at the quidditch afterparty and things have been perfect since. We see each other everyday, we laugh and have so much fun together. He kisses me goodnight every night at the bottom of the stairs and says the same thing when I get to the top every night; "Goodnight, don't forget how beautiful you are."

Obviously we have alone time together but Draco hasn't seen me without any clothes on, not my blouse, not my skirt, neither.

Honestly, I'm so nervous. He makes me feel beautiful but what if when he sees the extra fat on my body and my curves that none of the other girls here have.. he won't like me anymore?

It's probably so stupid but I always get nervous about it.

It's November and Christmas break is coming up soon, I am either going home to my mother or staying at Hogwarts. I'm going to miss Draco so much while he goes home. He said he'd stay if I did but I know he misses his mom. He doesn't talk much about his dad. After Draco's reaction to him showing up at the quidditch match and not to mention, I haven't heard great things about Lucius Malfoy ever so I would imagine it isn't fun being his only child.

Draco's POV

Tonight I'm setting up a really nice day for Aurora and myself by the Black Lake. A picnic with candles and hot cocoa. And also lots of blankets since it's towards mid November and gets rather chilly in the evening. I told Aurora to dress comfy even though it's a date, I just want it to be fun and cozy.

I had everything set up, under the tree I first kissed her near. I waited for her to come down from the castle for a little while. I set up early so she didn't catch me in the process. I waited on the other side of the tree closest to where she would walk to the lake. I jumped out and scared her when she got near. She punched me in the arm when she realized it was me.

"Hey. C'mon now that hurt." I acted hurt.

"Oh shut up you big baby." She snapped at me.

It honestly takes her a few minutes when we get to be alone for her to snap out of her cold persona, for her to realize it's just us. I can't say I don't have to go through the same process, we aren't supposed to be the way we are with each other to other people. It would ruin our image.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to me to kiss her forehead. We walked down to the picnic I set up for us and she smiled so big. I knew it was my girl now and not the snappy mean girl she pretends to be.

"You did this for us?" She asked looking up at me.

"Of course, princess." I said. "We haven't gotten to go on a proper date yet, this is the best I can do at Hogwarts and we haven't gotten to go to Hogsmeade yet."

"No no no, it's perfect." She said running over to sit down on the blanket I laid out.

She looked so cute. She was wearing my Slytherin Quidditch jumper that fit too big and was so long it went below her bum, and grey sweatpants with her long hair in a braid. I love seeing her dressed in her school uniform but this was a different side of her I don't get to see.

I walked over to sit with her she was already looking in the picnic basket, eating grapes and doing her little food happy dance she only does when it's just the two of us.

"Here catch!" She said holding up a grape to throw to me.

I opened my mouth and she threw it at me and bounced off of my nose.

She started laughing so hard. Again, this laugh from her is rare, only around me or her friends, Dylan and her and Hope have become rather close.

We sat snacking and laughing for awhile when I noticed she had her arms crossed because she was getting cold. I picked up a blanket and wrapped it around her, she snuggled into it and glanced over the top at me and let out a giggle.

Her green eyes pierced into me.

"You're so cute, peanut." I said to her.

She giggled again.

We had hot chocolate together and I did a spell to make two blankets connect together and wrapped the two of us in it together. I had my arms wrapped around her and she snuggled into my chest. I kissed the top of her forehead and we sat there listening to the sounds of the lake.

I figured after 10 or so minutes was a good time to bring up the letter I had gotten from my mother.

"Hey, Rory." I said.

She looked up at me. "Yes, babe."

"I got a letter from my mother yesterday." I paused and she sat up.

"Is something wrong?" She asked worried.

"Oh no no no everything is fine." I assured her. "Here, I'll let you read it." 

I handed it to her and she slowly took it, confused.

She opened it and began to read it out loud.

"Draco,

I miss you, sweetheart. I hope you are doing well and enjoying your fifth year. As I'm sure you figured out, your father told me about who he met at the quidditch match. I must say we were both surprised you have a girlfriend, we know you must really care for her then. Aurora is such a pretty name, honey. I bet she is just as beautiful if not more so. So, we talked about it and we would like to invite Aurora to come home with you for Christmas Break and stay with us! I can't wait to meet her and see you both together.

Love you always,

Mother"

She stared at the letter for a second and then looked at me.

"So, they want me to come stay at Malfoy Manor with you? For all of Christmas break?" She said.

"Well of course you'd be welcome stay the whole time, unless you need to go home for something." I told her.

"No no no, babe! I'd love to spend the holiday with you and your family." She said. "I really wasn't looking forward to going home anyway."

"Having you there would probably actually make Christmas fun again." I told her.

"I'm really excited! I just need to write a letter telling my mum." She told me and leaned forward to kiss me.

I wrapped my arms around her again and kissed her head. I'm so excited I don't have to tell her goodbye for a month. It would also force my father to be on his best behavior.