Chapter 39; Healing

Draco's POV

I sat in the chair next to my bed and watched Aurora sleep, my elbows rested on my knees and my chin rested in my hands. I just couldn't understand what Atlas Grey could have gotten so mad at Aurora about to do this to her. I looked at the cut on her cheek that was starting to scab over now, I thought about last night and how long I had to help her wash the blood out of her hair. The bleeding still might not have stopped, honestly. 

My mother said we may have to shave part of her head just to get a bandage on it and if the bleeding didn't stop. Aurora cried even harder over it last night, we both loved her long red hair.

She started to stir, I reached and placed my hand on her cheek. She slowly woke up and raised her hand to mine. She looked at me with her bright green eyes but they were bloodshot now. She started to sit up but grimaced in pain, I moved from the chair to help her.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking her over.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay." She said as I helped her sit up. "My back is just sore.. you know.. because I got thrown into a wall." 

She managed a chuckle.

I couldn't do the same.

"Draco, sweetheart, I'm going to be okay." She said to me. "Please stop worrying." 

"C'mon, you know I can't do that." I told her. "I felt you were in pain, I felt it, Aurora. But I couldn't do anything about it. Hell I couldn't even come rescue you."

"It's okay, I'm here now." She said.

"I don't plan on letting you out of my sight ever again." I said to her, only partially joking.

She laughed but stopped with a twinge of pain and grabbed her side.

"Was this the first time he'd hurt you?" I asked.

"Um, there was that time when he pushed me through a window but I told you about that, Why?" She asked.

"Well, I felt you were in pain about a week ago, what happened? Do you remember?" I looked at her seriously.

She looked confused for a second and then her eyes widened.

"Oh yeah, that um, that happened when I was helping my mum cook and accidentally cut myself cutting up vegetables." She said to me. "There was blood everywhere." She laughed.

"Okay." I said. "You're sure that's what it was?" 

"Yeah, pretty sure." She said to me.

"I'm going to go get my mum to have another look at your head, okay princess?" I asked.

She nodded and motioned for me to go.

I returned with my mother and she sat on the bed with Aurora. Her back to my mother, she started combing through Aurora's hair with her fingers to check on the cuts.

"Well, it looks like the bleeding has stopped." My mother finally said. "But there is a lot of dried blood still so you may want to wash your hair again."

"This whole ordeal has seriously messed up my hair washing schedule." Aurora joked.

My mum laughed like she knew what Aurora was talking about. Mum got up to leave the room but before she did she turned to Aurora again;

"Dracena's bathroom has a large tub if you'd rather use it, for your hair and it would probably help with the aches and soreness." She told her.

"That sounds great." Aurora told her. "Thank you.. for everything."