You've Got Your Reasons

-C18-
Keep it sweet in your memory
I was just tongue-tied
And I don't wanna make you feel bad
But I've been trying hard not to talk to you
———
enjoy babes ily tpwk and keep voting and commenting all the love -b💙
———

Harry Styles

We had been sitting in room 203 with Maylen as the doctor finally came in after waiting an hour for the test results.

"Are you aware that she has a severe amount of methadone in her system?" Doctor Montclair questioned, we all shook our heads, lying in secret.

"Ma'am by any chance do you know how this even happened?" He said as he sat down next to the hospital bed.

I pushed her hair over her neck to hide the needle wounds as much as I could. "I grabbed the wrong medicine." She said with an awkward smile. "Why'd you need this much medicine? This could've been extremely fatal." He said in suspicion.

"I have really bad migraines from time to time and there was no tea around to help it, so I thought medicine was a good substitute." She smiled, trying her best to convince him that she was telling the truth.

He raised his eyebrow and pushed his glasses towards his eyes, he looked at Zayn and Niall as if he were trying to study them. "And none of you were aware?" He crossed his arms, "We'd been gone all day we hadn't noticed anything off about her." Zayn spoke.

He stood from the chair, walking out of the door, as he held the door handle he said, "Alright then, you can change back into your clothes and come towards the register to be discharged." He smiled, closing the door behind him.

I handed her a pair of skinny jeans and a black t-shirt that I found laying around in the drawer. It had the words 'kiss me you fool' labeled on the front. "Really?" She spit, "Really." I laughed back. "Close you're eyes dick." I scolded towards Niall and Zayn, they turned their heads to the side quickly in my request.

She slid on the shirt and pants, I handed her the pair of black vans she owned, she slipped them onto her feet, threading her fingers through her stringy hair.

"Let's go." She said as she walked out of the room and to the register, finding her name quickly and signing so that we could leave. My hair was in a messy bun which I didn't do a lot but we all woke up around 1pm out of exhaustion from the night before and my hair was an absolute mess.

"Why don't you wear your hair like this all the time?" She whispered as we walked behind Zayn and Niall. "Not a fan of it." I shrugged my shoulders, "I like it." She said, coughing afterwards. "I don't and plus my hair won't even fit all the way into a bun, it's quite short right now." I had short curls hanging in the back of my head, I couldn't put them into the bun like I wished.

I still don't know if I want to grow it out or if this is just a phase. I sat in the back seat near her, Niall and Zayn were standing by the trunk for some odd reason, they looked awfully stressed but we all were at this point I was hoping we could cool it with the whole killing Louis situation for a couple of days and pick up on it after.

"Sorry for yelling at you last night it was uncalled for." She mumbled, pushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. "You should be the last one apologizing you know." I said with a apologetic smirk. "A lot went on last night, we were all on edge especially you, I should've understood that." I apologized.

I rubbed my thumb over her cheek, pulling her closer until her lips were locked on mine once again. She pushed her tongue into my mouth without an invitation which sent me to lean over her until she was lying on the seat. I was completely lost in her touch, spreading her legs and cupping her thigh.