Nothing More To Say

-C31-
Lead to where your secrets are
Where we've been a thousand times
Swallow every single lie
Take all of me
———

Maylen Bridges

Well it's New Years Eve...

I wasn't excited for a new year because that only meant, more time away from the people I love. The love I had for Harry was completely different from the love I had for my family so this was genuinely hard for me.

Not to mention this year ending on a terrible note. Liam was dead and to be honest it's been rough for me but I'm surprisingly managing better than I thought, I'm still not sure whether I should be happy about my grief or disappointed in my self for not crying more.

Today I got up extremely early to make my way to CVS. I took Zayn's car without permission which I could care less about, I mean to be fair this was the only vehicle we had. Harry was sound asleep when I got up surprisingly because he loves getting up at the crack of dawn.

Red nail polish, Liams favorite color...

Yes it was wrong to wear a piece of him but I did feel bad that he got caught up in this Modest mess. I had to pay my respect somehow.

I sat up from bed with my blue sweater and leggings on and grabbed the nail polish from the bedside table, Harry rolled over towards me, groaning in his movement.

"You're up early." He mumbles into the pillow keeping his eyes locked on me. "Yeah, I had a mission." I chuckle under my breath, meeting his gaze with a gentle smile. "To get nail polish?" He questions, sitting up and scooting closer to me. "It's been a while." I give a white lie, no way in hell would I tell him the real reason I was painting my nails today.

"Do mine." He looks down, and takes a hold of my hand. "Paint yours?" I furrow my eyebrows, not because I was confused but because he's never seemed interested in those things.

He pecks my cheek, moving a strand of my hair behind my right ear. "Just my ring finger." He explains. "Are you sure?"

Harry nods his head with a beaming grin. I sit his hand on my lap and shake the container of polish before opening it, "Paint one of yours like me." He suggests, "Why? I want all of mine done." I exclaim as I drag the tip of the brush across his nail. "It's like an artificial ring." He leans forward to get a better look at his finger that I was now cleaning the edges of.

"We're not married though." I perplex, watching him admire his rosy red. "A red nail wouldn't symbolize us being married silly, it's more like a promise ring." He elaborates, grabbing the closed container and shaking it as I did before. "And what are we promising exactly?" I squint.

He opens the bottle, and directs the brush to my ring finger that I still hadn't agreed too. "Promise that when this is all over you'll still be here." He tells me, keeping his focus on the brush. "Harry why would I leave?" I laugh.

"Everyone has and I don't want you to be the next, you're apart of me now and that'll never go away." He gapes at me with hooded eye lids.

"I won't be the next." I pull him in, I kiss him with reassurance, threading my fingers in his bed head of curls. "Promise?" He asks, holding up his ring finger.

I push the pad of my ring finger against his, glimpsing at the horribly painted nail. "Promise." I smile, kissing him again passionately.

"I want to show you something." My eyes widen as I pull away from his lips quickly, jolting up from the bed to grab my suitcase I hardly unpacked.

I unzip the bag, grabbing the small wooden box that held so much trauma. I don't know why I wanted to show him this.

When do I ever know anything..