Seeing the Lair - Donatello

Donatello

It had been two weeks or so since the encounter with Donnie and his brothers, you had been working on many different products and prototypes to keep yourself from wondering why Mikey had looked sad,

"I thought he was supposed to be the happy one?" you wonder to yourself, getting off track again and accidentally cutting yourself on your new project, cursing to yourself as you walk to the bathroom and washed it off, putting a band aid on it since you didn't want to get any of the chemicals that you were using in your blood stream.

You walked back and sat down in your chair putting your head on your desk and wrapping your arms around your head, having a slight headache from how hard you had been working these passed two weeks, along with school.

You sat there for a second, wanting to cry, but nothing would come out, so you just sat there and stared at your bandaged finger, sighing to yourself as you hear the downstairs door slam, that was never a good sign.

You quickly ran to your phone, texting Donnie to come get you, and quick, you weren't in the mood for a beating, but you also weren't in the mood to fight them off, so you wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

You quickly packed a bag hopping Donnie would let you sleep over for a couple of nights, luckily for you, Donnie knocked on the window just as you hear your parents call your name from downstairs.

You quickly climbed out the window, both of you hearing your parents shouts from downstairs, "Sorry, I don't want to get beat today, and I was hoping I could spend a couple of night at yours but if you don't want me to-"

You were abruptly cut off when Donnie grabbed your bag from you while putting a hand over your mouth, "It's fine, I know the bros won't mind, considering they know your situation, and sensei won't mind as soon as I tell him." He paused,

"But in order to get to mine I'm gonna have to carry you." you were hesitant at first, but when your parents angry footsteps came stomping up the stairs, you agreed, letting him pick you up bridal style.

You looked out to the city while he jumped across rooftops, the view of the lights and buildings always calming you down, even after a beating. Which was surprising. You almost screamed, though, when Donnie abruptly went down into the sewers, your hand flying over your nose and mouth.

Luckily when you got into his place the smell died down a bit and instead was taken over by the smell of pizza, which made you slightly smile, "Oh? Wassup dudette!?" Mikey said from behind you still looking a tiny bit sad, but he had gotten better, it seems.

"Just here under an occasion." you say hoping he'll get the hint, he does, but he so happens to say it out loud, "Oh- your parents are getting bad again?" you facepalmed, hearing someone stop bench pressing and jumping down and flicking Mikey upside the head.

"She didn't want you to say it out loud, knucklehead." Mikey apologized as Raph hit him again, "Hey! She came to get away from violence not closer to it." Leo says from where he was watching the conversation from, you waved, and he gave you a small smile and a head nod.

Donnie was about to show you around, before...

"My sons, who is this?"

-----------------------------------------

To be Continued

Word Count: 602