Human Selves - Leonardo

Leonardo

You laugh at a joke your friends had just said, you and three of your other friends were walking down to the park right before sun down, for what? You guys aren't really sure. Your best friend, Sam, nudges your shoulder, 

"So, how're your boy troubles going?" he asks, you roll your eyes, "Don't even start with me, Sam." you say, Mateo, your other friend, laughs, "Did you really think she was going to tell you?" He chuckles.

Fiona giggles pushing her boyfriend's shoulder, "He's got a point, Sam." you shrug your shoulders, "I didn't think I was that predictable." You retaliate, waving your hands around, "Yeah, well, you are." Fiona smiles. 

"Ooh! We should go get some ice cream!" Mateo shouts in a high pitched voice, running over to the stand, you smile, "This man knows me too well." Fiona and Sam laugh, following after you.

You order your favorite ice cream while Mateo pays for you, hugging you into his side by your shoulders. You get on your tippy-toes and kiss his cheek, "Thank you for the ice cream, kind sir." You chuckle, 

"Me and the boys are going to get you a birthday gift, okay? We'll be back in a little bit." Fiona says, dragging Mateo away from you. You pout, holding onto Mateo's hand as he gets dragged away.

You smile, thanking the ice cream man and taking your ice cream to a bench. Sitting down, you dig into your ice cream, taking a bite and looking out at the sun set, the sky turning a deep red and blue, almost mixing together into a purple.

"Can I sit?" A somewhat familiar voice says to the left of you, you raise your head, looking up at a man you had never seen before, he was very tall, probably 6", he wore a blue shirt, an expensive looking bracelet, dark blue ripped jeans and his hair was the same color as yours, but styled into a man bun, his muscles almost as big as Dwayne Johnson's himself, along with the brightest blue eyes you'd ever seen.

You give him a small smile, waving your hand at the seat next to you, taking another bite of your creamy desert. He smiles, sitting down next to you and crossing his arms, "So- what're you doing out here on this fine evening?" He asks.

You give him an awkward smile, scooting away from him and onto the opposite side of the bench, "Just, chilling, my friends are getting me a birthday-" You cut yourself off, shaking your head and standing up, walking down the path.

"(Y/N), please stop." He says, you stop dead in your tracks, "How do you know my name?" you ask seriously, turning around, he frowns slightly, sighing, he walks up to you as you back away from him slowly.

"I asked you a question, how do you know my name!?" You glare at him, he sighs again, "(Y/N), it's me, Leo!" He says, smiling, you raise a brow, looking behind you, "Who are you!? How do you know about Leo?!" you shout.

He sighs, slipping off the bracelet as his hand slowly turns into Leo's normal green hand, your eyes widen as you look at him in shock, "Leo? What- How?!" you ask, slipping his bracelet back on quickly. 

He smiles, cupping your face in his hands, "Donnie made some outrageous changes in mutagen and he switched the chemicals around from making humans into mutants and changed it into mutants into humans."

You laugh excitedly, pulling him in for a kiss, "Does that mean we can do normal couple things together?" You ask while bouncing up and down, he smiles, nodding, kissing you again. 

He pulls away again with a look on his face, "Who was that guy you kissed on the cheek, though?" He whispers, you throw your head back in a laugh, "That's my best friend, Mateo." Leo glares in jealousy, looking over at where they were.

You hold in a laugh, watching him be jealous for a second, not being able to hold it in any longer, "He's gay!" You cackle and wheeze, crumbling onto your knees in a fit of laughter.

Leo laughs in relief, grabbing your elbows and pulling you up into his arms, you smile, shoving your face into his chest, the unreal feel of your boyfriend's actual shirt, and underneath was actual skin, he was an actual person!

"Uh- (Y/N)? Who's this?"

---------------------------------------------

To be continued...

Word count: 735