Human Selves - Raphael

Raphael

"Can you believe it!? Beyonce wants to meet me!" You say to Ari, looking at the email Beyonce's manager had sent you, telling you she was going to show up to your birthday party tomorrow. 

"Ah! We both get to meet her! What do I wear!? What do you wear?" she panics, waving her hands around on the video call you two were on. You smile while looking at her, shaking your head, "Don't worry about it, Ari, be yourself, dress like yourself. We'll be fine."

She rapidly shakes her head, "It's not fine! I-" She gets cut off by her manager coming into her room, "You have someone who wants to talk to you about a revenue update." Her manager says before walking out.

Ari pouts, looking over at you, "I have to go." She whines, dragging out her sentence, you smile, "I'll see you tomorrow." You say, giving her a smile. She ends the call, and you sigh, flopping onto your bed and turning your light off, going to sleep.

-----0----- Time Skip -----0-----

You look at yourself in the mirror of your bathroom, your party was downstairs and to be honest, it didn't even feel like your party, you kind of just wanted to have a normal party with a normal family, which neither you had.

"You look great, (Y/N)." Ari says, coming up behind you in her tight dress and high ponytail, fixing your hair a little bit. You smile, "Thanks, Ari." You say pushing past her and walking out the door, "Well, I'm not sure I'm ready for this, but here we go." You say, walking out the door and meeting Dan and Jessie outside the door, 

"You ready, birthday girl?" Jessie asks, grabbing your hand and waiting your answer, "I guess so." You say, allowing her to walk you down the stairs, you block your face from the paparazzi waiting for you outside the glass doors, you wouldn't let them ruin your night.

You yelp as you stumble a little bit in your heels, you hate heels. Jessie laughs nudging your shoulder, making you stumble more. You glare at her, rolling your eyes and walking over to the side of the gala, Jessie wanted to make you a big entrance.

Ari waves as she walks into the door, giving you a reassuring smile. You smile back, fixing your dress nervously, "Now, for the birthday girl! And the girl I basically raised as my own." Jessie says, pausing as the audience 'awhs'. 

You smile, preparing yourself, "The singer and oscar winner," She pauses in again, making it dramatic, "(Y/N) (L/N)!" She shouts as the doors in front of you open, you put on a smile, lifting you dress a little bit and walking up the stairs, waving to the big audience in front of you.

You give Jessie a hug before she runs off the stage, handing you a microphone, "I'm so happy to be here and have this many people to come to my birthday party, I won't hold you any longer." You pause, before whispering, "This hotel makes the best food." 

Your audience and friends cheer as you walk off the stage, making a dash for the food stand before anyone could ask for your autograph, "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Can I have a picture!?" An excited girl asks, walking in front of you.

You put on a fake smile, nodding and posing in front of their phone, sighing and continuing your walk through the crowd to get to the food stand, you sigh in relief as you make it, finally. You grab a dish of chocolate covered strawberries and some other fruits, walking away as quick as you can, you weren't in the mood for chatting with anyone. 

You set the plate down, scarfing down your food while someone came along every now and then to start up a conversation with you, you of course kept up with them, it would ruin the reputation that you had built up over all of these years.

You excuse yourself from your current conversation and walk your way to the bathroom. You yelp as you trip over someone's foot, bracing yourself for impact, which never came. You feel someone's hands wrap around your waist, lifting you back up to your feet, "Clumsy much?" The person asks.

You laugh, turning around to the somewhat familiar voice, "I'm sorry but- do I know you?" You ask, glaring at him suspiciously. The man was quite a bit taller than you probably about 5'11", a very tight spike choker wrapped around his neck, a red shirt slightly covered by a very dark red leather jacket, his eyes hazel, although almost gold. 

He had slightly oversized shaggy black jeans on, along with black boots. His hair was black and silky, short and soft looking, along with giant muscles that suited him well, "I guess you could say that." He smiles. You tilt your head, looking at him weirdly, 

He reaches out his hand, you grab it, about to say your name before he pulled you into his chest, slow dancing with you to the beat of the song, "Dude, what're you doing?" You slightly shout, he shushes you, "(Y/N), it's me, Raph." He whispers into your ear.

Your eyes widen, looking him up and down. "Wait- how do you- how- what?" You stutter, looking around the room, "Donnie made an invention that made us turn into human somehow." He whispers carefully, looking around the room for anyone watching.

You squeal, jumping into his arms, immediately regretting it once you see the cameras start flashing again, you gulp, pulling away from him and giving him a look of regret, "I-I have to go." You say, running off.

You loved being famous but you hated it at the same exact time.

Well, at least you could have a slightly normal relationship.

-----------------------------------------------------

To be continued...

Word count: 980