Where It All Begins - Donatello

Donatello

You were the top of your class, and what made it extra special is that you were a 16-year-old in your second year of college, one of the only reasons you were here was because of your parents, they were abusive, physically and mentally.

They demanded you get the best tutor all of your years growing up, besides the fact you didn't need it, given how smart you were.

It was getting hard to cover everything up with a smile though, and you couldn't take much more of it, you couldn't cover all the bruises with makeup anymore, there were to many.

Right now, you were in the scrapyard trying to find parts for your newest project, since your parents wouldn't buy you anything for them, they made no sense sometimes.

You couldn't find the part you were looking for and it was making you angry, and anger and the lack of sleep don't go well together.

You were about to give up when you saw the exact part you needed a few piles away from you, you sighed in relief and quickly ran to it.

You picked it up and examined it seeing it needed to get fixed up a little bit, but it would work just fine afterwards.

You smiled to yourself and put the part in your bag before looking for another one you desperately needed, after finding that a few piles away you made your way to the exit of the scrapyard, ready to head home, the place you dreaded most.

The beating shouldn't be as bad today, considering you should be home by curfew.

On your way out you passed by an alleyway, and when you heard a voice come from inside you immediately stopped.

"Where'd you get those bruises from?" A higher pitched voice asked, but you could still obviously tell it was male.

You looked into the dark alleyway, your breathing growing heavier, "Who's asking?" You snapped, but the fear was still evident in your voice.

"I did." A humanoid turtle said coming out of the shadows and your eyes widened, "Please don't freak out! I just want to help!" He said, and you could hear all the machinery on his... Shell rattle.

You let out a breath, knowing he wasn't here to hurt you, plus he was pretty cute, for a turtle anyways.

"Sorry for being rude, but that's none of your business, now if you'll excuse me, I have a curfew." You began walking off before he shouted at you.

"Can you at least tell me your name?" You turned around and faced the turtle, "(Y/N), what's yours?"

"D-Donatello, but you can call me Donnie," he stuttered, giving you a shy smile.

"See you around Donnie." He smiled wider.

"I hope so..." He whispered to himself as you disappeared around the corner.

---------------------------------------------------

To be continued

Word count: 488