009 - Never Ending Exasperation

Fuck.

"Good morning, Mr Collen."

What are the odd that we met just after our conversation about him last night? I was going to train myself to move on but it appeared that even the nature against it.

I walked pass Mr Deacon who was kindly holding the door and approached the man. I put the drink down on the coaster near him. "Here's your coffee."

"Thank you." He grabbed the cup and took a sip on it.

Now that he got his coffee, I'm gonna leave. I was turning back to head to the exit when he say, "Oh, since you're here, why don't you join us?"

This fucker really wanna mess with me, thinking I'm his play toy when he's bored. You know what, I'm just gonna play his game for now. I don't want to show bad impression to the other employees that was just watching the whole event silently like this is some kind of movie.

Although I utter any reply, I strode to the furthest seat I can find which is at a chair located at the left side corner - away from the discussion table. Perfect.

I'm gonna seat here throughout the meeting, pretending to listen and understand any matter that occurred. Just like what he asked me to do. Join them, right?

I was already seated when the scumbag again say, "What do you think you're doing? Seat here." He patted at the chair next to him.

That seat is clearly taken. There's a notebook and some papers, probably materials of the meeting along with a pen carelessly thrown on top of it.

"Sorry, sir but I think that seat's taken." I said indifferent. Didn't show any signs of obeying his order.

"It's okay. Mr Deacon wouldn't mind switching seats with you."

I looked at Mr Deacon who was just closing the door and heading to his seat but Mr Collen's question made him dead on track. It's a command to be exact.

"Y-Yeah, of course. Come sit here, Cody." he said while packing up his things. He went to Cody's current place with his stuff on both hands, trying to keep it stable to not fall. He was in a hurry that he didn't have the time to put it in his briefcase that he brought along.

Gritted teeth, I stood and ever so slowly step towards Mr Deacon's former seat which is at the left side of the arrogant CEO. Staring at me with again that smirk I hate so much.

I tried not to look irritated or else it would only bring joy to the jerk. Others' misery is the bread to his vicious soul so of course he's not gonna make your life easier.

I sat there without sparing a glance to the man and focusing on the presenter at the front, standing awkwardly due to the long interruption. I just hope this is going to end soon.

"You can proceed, Mr Toons."

With the green light from him, the presenter, Mr Toons continue with whatever matter they're discussing before. I sat there without doing and understanding anything. Everyone's either writing something or listening intensely while I on the other hand, sitting straight like a statue with nothing to do.

This is all thanks to Mr Collen, that didn't give me a chance to prepare things or at least let me grab my book and stationary real quick. But no, he went suggesting something out of the blue and here I am. Looking like a child got dragged to the office by his parents.

Throughout the entire presentation by Mr Toons, I've been trying to get my attention to work but failed miserably. I can feel an intense gaze heating up the back of my head. It made me wary to even move my arms.