049 - Reunited

Derek's POV

The car ride to my house was not pleasing at all despite having a quiet and peaceful ride. Perhaps it has something to do with Cody, knowing he had gone through his gloomy days by himself.

The fact that I acknowledge it from Vernon is also distressing. What he's blabbering before was... true - except Cody's mine.

Whatever, my head is too loud for the silent car.

We arrived home 15 minutes later. I quickly undress Cody to only shirt and pants then tuck him in bed. I took a shower after taking care of everything.

I brought home some work so I plan to take a quick nap before continuing my work. I'm so tired, my eyelids feel heavier as time goes.

After freshen up, I slide into a pajama pants and sneak into the bed. Feeling overly satisfied laying with a bundle of warmth on the other side of my bed.

It's been long since I had Cody in my arms and I thought it won't hurt to take the opportunity to snuggle up against him.

Being the big spoon, I let my arm hook his waist with my other arm as his pillow and his head tuck under my chin.

We're laying so close to each other, I love this. It allows me to breathe in Cody's shampoo, a fruity type. It put me at ease and eventually join him into dreamland.

I was sitting alone at my desk, silver pen on my right hand with piles of workload surrounding me.

A few more mini projects was added on the side which was why I hardly have holiday these days.

Well, I can't complain when I did it myself. Because I found my free time unpleasant recently.

It felt too... lonely. So I decided to suffer making money rather than in loneliness.

My mansion, ah, I rarely go there now. The place seem too big all of the sudden.

Just as I sympathizing my pathetic self, I heard the door creak open. What surprise me is that it's not the entrance door. It's my secret office bedroom.

As I turn to the source of interruption, my eyes met with a blue one. A rather smaller figure came out of the room in only an oversized shirt and a messy bed hair.

A smile never leave his pretty face as he notice me staring while making his way to me.

What a beautiful sight.

He ran to me barefooted, acting just like a child meeting his parents after a long time of separation.

It made me unconsciously stand from my seat, spreading my hand widely to welcome the boy.

In just a few seconds, he came crashing into my embrace and I made no delay wrapping my arms around him.

I take a long sniff of his locks, taking in the scent that never grows old to me. It's been awhile and I missed it.

It felt like a dream-

"Vernon..."

Sharp realization hits me at the mention of that name and I loosen my embrace just enough to look at him eye to eye.