044 - Forbidden Desire

Vernon left, leaving them to themselves. They haven't say a word since then. Cody watch the other man whose zoning out, looking at the nothingness.

He senses something wrong with Derek. He's oddly silent and well behave than before.

To melt the seemingly thick air, he says, "Why are you being extra possessive-"

"I assume you found it." Derek beats him.

"Huh?"

Instead of answering, he lower his eyes to the book and action figure stash that's long abandoned on the wooden table near the couch.

"Oh! Er... about that..."

"You've seen it."

"Y-Yeah... I'm so sorry b-but it was an accident, really. I d-didn't mean to."

"Tell me, how is that an accident?"

"I wish I know. I was in your library one minute and the next thing I knew, I was in a Pokemon worship room. I-I'm... trapped..." he stutter, trying to be casual while explaining as the result, his hands going everywhere, describing how everything goes.

"I thought it was well hidden."

"It's because IT IS that I was shoved and got out without knowing how exactly."

"And that's how you ended up interrupting us?" Voicing it out sternly with an expressionless face.

Cody felt naked under those merciless eyes and gulp down the lump forming in his throat.

"I forgot how terrifying he can be when it comes to work. Shit!"

"Am I going to lose my job if I answer? Or is it a rhetoric question?"

"I... uh.. I-I..." The smaller boy spoke after gathering the little courage he had left in him but unfortunately, he was left speechless.

There's no way he can utter something that won't start a fight. To be fair, none of it was his fault.

Cody was having his own argument when a boastful cackle came.

Derek's laughter cracked the once silent room, his body shaking as the effect of excessive laughing with his hands holding his stomach. "I can't help it. You're too fun to tease."

"Ugh, Derek! I hate you. I'm not gonna believe you anymore."

Cody got up to leave, not from anger but out of embarrassment. Until strong arms hook him by the waist and this time, since they're alone, the owner made him sit on his lap, straddle him.

"Ah, my thighs." he pant then shut himself as he realize their faces are just inches from each other, breathing the same air. He can't help but getting flustered upon the realization.

Then came another wave of blush, creeping up to the tip of his ears when he notice the older man's smirk.

"Sorry. Is it still hurt?"

"Of course, it's not gonna heal up in just few hours."

"Let me help you put ointment-"

"Don't touch me." he hiss but it only make Derek chuckle. Because the man knew the harsh treatment is just an act to conceal his blush.

"Oh my, did I scare you that much, puffy?"

"No." Puffing his cheeks. "I definitely didn't think about the possibility of you firing me. Absolutely no."

"You look so adorable, all nervous and fidgety. Kinda make me want to tease you more."

"If you do it again, I will go back to my apartment. I'm serious." He nag, crossing his arms across his chest.