019 - SaturDate

In just a blink of an eye, it's already Saturday morning. Luckily, we've made an early plan since he's busy too the next day after meeting so it's not a downcast acknowledging it.

I'm so excited today to show Derek this burger place I've known since the first time I moved here. Literally salivating as I remembered their burgers. The thick juicy patty clutched in between the grilled round buns and the mozzarella cheese that can be pulled miles away.

I'm exaggerating but still. Too good to be true.

Been awhile from the last time I've eaten there and this is one of the many reason why I suggested it. Because I'm craving it for a long time but it's too awkward to go there alone. Forgot to mention that it's a hot spot for couples so it's totally understandable if no one's going there alone.

I'm not a bold person like some of the people so every time I'm craving it, I have to wait until Tyler and Kate came here. I know I'm third wheeling them but it's better than never. I just want to devour the mouth-watering burger and stuff it right down my throat.

"Burger..."

[Send me your location~ Let's vib-]

Tara? Why's she calling? We exchanged contact the second time of our meeting. She asked for it since she's pretty amazed when I'm the first intern that went to see Mr Collen himself and still breathing. Made me question, is he that bad? But I don't want to know further than necessary.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Cody. I'm sorry to interrupt you during weekend. It's a weird question but is Mr Collen there with you?"

"Hm, no. Why?"

"Oh, it's just he was suppose to meet a client at the Golfaholic Golf Club at the other side of the city but he didn't picked up my calls."

"He have meetings on weekend?"

"He do sometimes but it's really a meeting, more like a sport to bond with clients. It's a last minute thing. The client called me yesterday night and asked for game with Mr Collen today. I sent him a text as soon as I got the information. He did replied an 'okay' but today, he didn't picked up my calls. I thought you two were together."

"Yeah but it's late- hold up. How did you know?"

A long pause. "W-What? I just figure that you might be with him. If you don't, it's fine hehe."

"Why did you asked me in the first place?"

Again another long silence. "Did you eavesdropped our conversation?"

"No, of course not."

"Then explain yourself, Ms Guinevive."

"You shouted that you'll contact Mr Collen when you're about to exit the other day. Practically it's not eavesdropping if you're announcing for the world to hear."

Oh my god, am I that loud? I'm so embarrassed but thankfully, that just it. Hopefully nothing explicit escapes the office.

Mentally face palming myself before saying, "Yes, we have an appointment. Nothing too special but is he busy today? I mean is the meeting very important?" Ignoring the sly sounds from the other line.

"Hm, well, it is about a business Mr Collen been talking about lately so apparently. Why did you ask?"

I can't hide the disappointment that's flooding me. I've been excited for today but it seem like being friends with a CEO is pretty hard to predict. I mean of course he'll choose meeting with his client over me.