067 - Relationship Announcement

Derek's POV

Not a word from him, he just stare at the water and maybe zone out.

"Don't you see you're special?" I reach for his leg but he tucked it closer to his body. Yet another rejection.

"I don't want to be special. I want to be normal. Can't you just move your eyes to another person-"

"No." It came out firmer than I intended.

"Derek- Mr Collen."

I scoff. I don't mind if it's in public but for him to be that formal in private is pissing me off for some reason. Maybe half of the irritation was because I'm tired and I have to deal with this nonsense.

Whoever cause this conversation, I'm going to make sure they'll taste their own medicine.

He ignored my reaction and continue, "We're workmate. You're the owner of my internship place and I shouldn't be this comfortable around you."

"So you want to feel anxious every time you're with me? You want me to act formal, constantly calling you Mr Kian and boss you around like I always do at Crowdest? Are those your wishes?"

"Yes... no..." He sighed. "I don't know. It doesn't sound good if anyone... Your reputation..."

"Thanks for concerning but my reputation is excellent and my business going smoothly as well. Do I not look okay on the outside?"

"No... I mean you're fine and what I mean is you can't meddle with just anyone. You should put your standard high. It'll ruin your image as CEO."

"It pass high. Why do you think I have you by my side?" I said sternly. "Besides, I'm already labeled as ruthless, devil and maybe more that haven't reach my ear. Why would I care for petty matter such as that?"

"I-I... Then what about me? People will think wrongly of me."

"Regarding what?"

I slowly wet my face, taking time to fully splash my whole face with the cold water - trying to calm down the roller coaster emotion I'm experiencing. Cody needs soothing but I'm the one getting emotional.

Perhaps the fact that I noticed since awhile ago that all this long chat is just him refrain from telling the reason behind his odd behaviour. That is what frustrates me.

Am I not reliable enough for him?

"When poor people like myself have a bond with the likes of you, it tend to create misunderstanding."

I end up drenching my hair. Pushing the dripping wet hair all back to my usual slicked back hair.

He glance at me, peeking what I'm up to and our eyes met. Though it surprised him, he remain our eye contact.

"Cody, tell me the reason to that."

"I don't-"

"It's like 'don't know' is your favorite word all of the sudden. If you repeating that, this conversation is fruitless."

"That's because I don't know what you-"

"You said it again. This talk is over, I'm gonna keep calling you names."

"Okay, okay. You're so persistent." He murmured in defeat, puffing his cheeks. "What do you wanna know?"

Puffy, we have to be serious. It's unfair to pose so cute in front of me when I'm suppose to interrogate in firmness.

"Who taint your brain with such grim ideas?"

"Huh? I... not..." He placed his chin on top of his knees. "It randomly got to my head awhile ago."