Chapter 65. Interlude

Remi Lincoln (Rank Division 10) "Remi don't you think you should

"Remi don't you think you should..check on him?" Zack asks, continuing to help Quinton sit up in the clinic. "It's almost been an hour, I'm sure he's cooled down by now."

"Uh.." I wipe my sweaty palm on my knees. "No. I think he's gonna need..a little more time."

"Fuck him anyway." Quinton's bruised face comes into view. "Man has anger issues."

I rest my head on the wall and sigh. What the hell did he fucking see and why am I scared to find out?

"Remi you should go. Guys don't just say fuck you to their girlfriends." Lena sits on the edge of Quinton's bed and fidgets with her ring and out of a sudden, the reminder of why we all know each other hit me like a fucking rock.

I swallow and look at my ring, seeing it flash ever so dimly. I throw my hand down and shake my head. "More time. He's gonna need more time and plus, what do I say to him?"

"Just find him Rem. Find out what the fuck is up his ass-"

"Quinton you didn't know what he saw did you?" I interrupt.

"No. He just came at me and I was knocked out of my simulation." He holds the ice pack to his head and sighs.

"What did you see? In your simulation?" Zack asks.

"That's the weird part," he grunts, "I saw nothing. I was just there."

"Bull." I snort. "What did you actually see?"

"I'm not joking. I was walking...in the dark. I could see nor feel nothing and apparently that was my fear? Well, I wasn't scared of it but-..that's what I saw."

"Technology must've been broken. You're lucky Quinton."

"Yeah whatever. It's over with." He drops his head back down and closes his eyes for a short amount of time before opening them again. "I'm going to...I'm gonna head to my room."

"What no? Stay down and stay here Quinton." Lena says annoyed.

"I'm literally fine. Seriously Le, just leave it." He throws his legs off of the clinic bed but Lena stops him, putting a hand on his thigh.

"Lay back down or you won't have much use of your legs in a matter of 10 seconds." She threatens, causing him to roll his eyes and lay back down. Lena faces me. "You need to go check on Leonard Remi. Seriously."

"Zelch is huge. It could honestly take me days to find him if he stays in the same spot the entire time." I make up the excuse knowing that I was going to do it anyway. "But fine. Yeah whatever.

Walking out of his training room that he very much wasn't in, I sigh and shut the door. I've checked the library, half of the training rooms in Zelch, and even the bathrooms. Where could this man actually be?