Chapter 18

Zack Link (Rank Division 6)"See?" Leonard begins as we go into the dining hall

"See?" Leonard begins as we go into the dining hall. "No one notices shit."

"One day we'll get caught." Remi replies in annoyance.

"Who the hell said that we're going to do that again?" I ask. "I'm here to stay for tryouts and getting eliminated really isn't on the list."

"Well not tomorrow. It's break day."

"So?"

"So. We go down to that weird YOLVE guy and just..ask questions. A lot of them."

"God this..is weird as hell." Lena comments with a hand on her forehead. "I really don't want to believe this."

"None of us do." I state. "Look, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow. I'm..starving."

"Yeah sure."

I split from the group and get in line for my meal. The line was just a large school lunch line except there was somewhat average food. The food constantly changes though.

I hold my tray tightly as I skim over the 6th Ranking table. It was filled with sweaty and bloody rank 6's and to be honest...I really don't want to sit by them but I have no choice.

I skim down the table, looking for a small empty space. A familiar face waves me over, unexpectedly causing me to smile. I sit down next to him.

"Hey Fallon," I say as I do so. I look around at his face. "No cuts today?"

"That's only because you weren't here." He jokes.

"You noticed?"

"Of course. I kind of wanted you to be my partner but it's fine."

I cringe at myself. I should've looked for him to be honest.

"I-..shit sorry. Uhm..did James notice or say anything?"

"No. There was probably..no way he could've noticed with the amount of people here. He hardly focused on the Rank 6's today anyway."

"Oh.."

      Lena Rameryiez (Rank Division 2)
Most of my table was empty for some reason. Maybe like..100 out of 500 people were here and that's the closest thing to new I'll see..wait..never mind.

I take out my GYPT as I shove a spoonful of mash potatoes in my mouth. There wasn't much to process through I guess. I have a ring on my finger..that won't fucking get off my finger and I just skipped a whole fucking day of tryouts with a group of people I hardly know. Nothing more nothing less.