Chapter 35. Baby

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8)"You won't be able to control it right away Lena," YOLVE says, "and hey

"You won't be able to control it right away Lena," YOLVE says, "and hey. That's okay. That's normal, you'll learn how to use it soon. It's all in your head...literally."

"Right.." she mumbles. "But what about now? When I can't control it? It gives me a headache each time I..hear things."

She crosses her arms and sits down on one of the old wooden chairs.

"Eventually, you'll be able to control it like I said but right now? You're going to have to deal with it. I know that isn't helpful considering that you're in Zelch but..that's all I can really say to help you."

"Wait," I say, "if one of us gets sent home, what is going to happen? Since y'know, you're placed here."

"I doubt any of that would happen with this particular group but..letters. That's all I can say, and as you know, you're all here for a reason. I don't know why but I just want you all to be prepared. Most of your powers haven't come in yet, but let's hope it will soon."

How do I say..I don't want them to come in. I've gone through puberty once and if this is like..puberty than oh HELL no.

"Right," I force a grin, "soon."

I look over at Lena who was seemingly annoyed. I mean, I'd be. None of us asked for this.

"Lena, you also have Telepathy. Remember, you can not only read minds, you can communicate to them as well."

I find myself hating his weird automated voice all of a sudden. I don't know why, but the way his voice just glitches sometimes pisses me off.

"And how am I suppose to do that?" Lena mumbles.

"Think..of course this is when you can actual control when you read minds, but think. Think whatever your about to say and then it'll transfer at your call."

"How fucking helpful, I-..are all of us just suppose to experience pain before we get our powers?"

"No. It shouldn't hurt. I don't know why you are but you'll get used to it." He pauses. "Where are the other 3?"

"They are looking at their training rooms. Why?" I ask.

"Nothing. Just wanted to make sure everyone is safe."

I raise a brow but I don't say anything. I go over to Lena.

"Hey, want to go to our rooms? Maybe we could try and see something cool."

"There are many cool things in your training room," YOLVE says, "It is good if you check them out. Maybe you'll find somethings you like, but..the weapons in there? Don't use them for Zelch training. Just toy with them ONLY in your training rooms."

"I couldn't even get a hold of the nunchucks in my room." I put a hand on Lena's shoulder, unsure of why.

"You didn't have your ring on. You'll be fine, I can assure you." He says.