Chapter 8. Lets Face It

Lena Rameryiez (Rank Division 2)   I go down the stairs, trying to get to the bottom so I can get my stuff out of the elevator

  I go down the stairs, trying to get to the bottom so I can get my stuff out of the elevator. I wipe my tears as the thought of me leaving so early tears through me. It's not easy hiding this kind of stuff.

I don't pay attention as I go down the stairs, but stare at the floor, hoping nothing can get to me, but of course something did. Or someone. I look up at see James. I had accidentally bumped into him.

"Sorry." I say in hardly a whisper. I continue past him but his voice stops me.

"Lena, right?" He asks. "You were impressive out there. I'm sure you'll be an interesting competitor in Zelch Academy tryouts." He gives me a smile.

"Hm. Not good enough to stay huh?" I mumble. He furrows a brow.

"What are you talking about?" He shuffles himself and holds his paper.

"You eliminated me, didn't you?" I question.

"No?" He scoffs, "I mean, I said your name but you weren't suppose to be on the list. I talked to your mentor. He was supposed to come by before you could leave."

I look at him, trying to process that I wasn't eliminated.

"Don't worry. You aren't eliminated, in fact, you were one of my favorites. You have potential and I'd be a fool if I let you go this early." He pats my shoulder. "Your in. Make sure to get ready for tomorrow."

I reluctantly nod as he continues to trot  up the stairs. I can't believe it. I'm still in. I still have..I guess a chance?

I run down the stairs as fast as I can and get to the bottom floor. Going towards the elevator, I notice many people in multiple colors surrounding it. The bags sit outside and away from people. I move on and grab them, trying not disturb the people that were working.

I try to hide my smile going back up, excited and happy that I was staying. Mistakes made from the mentors aren't very common, leading me to believe that, yeah. Maybe I was eliminated but James was in charge and he let me stay. Somethings are rare y'know.

Leonard Williams (Rank Division 11)
       The Next Day, 6:34 AM

I wake up and reluctantly change. James has made an announcement that training was held back till 7:30 last night because of the elevator. The mentors weren't fond of the situation.

I take the stairs and merely take 10 minutes getting to the bottom. Stairs will never be something I'll enjoy, but then again, I don't think anyone enjoys it.

The elevator situation was extremely..different and I won't forget it. I can say that over and over again.

I go into the dining hall and get my breakfast. I look around my table before putting my tray down in an empty spot.