Chapter 63. Just

Zack Link (Rank Division 6)"Does it really matter?" I chuckle, kissing Fallon's forehead

"Does it really matter?" I chuckle, kissing Fallon's forehead. "It's ice cream. It's going to be good no matter what."

"Does it matter, yes it fucking matters." He mimics, making me laugh more. "I'm allergic to peanuts so if I eat some weird ass ice cream with peanuts, don't you think I'm gonna die?"

"Ugh, I swore people with peanut allergies went extinct years ago." I joke, earning me a slap on my bare chest.

"Extinct my ass Z. Extinct my ass." I smirk and pull the blankets over us just a little bit more. He buries himself into the crook on my neck. "So..which one did you get?"

"Hm?" I raise a brow.

"Fears? Dreams? Hopes?" He looks up and me and forces a grin.

I take his hand and intertwine our fingers. "Dreams," I sigh. "You?"

"Hopes." He kinda of sends out a small laughter of happiness. "It's funny though because I don't even know my hopes."

"Mm, no one really knows anything so..you aren't alone babe." I lay back further into my pillow and just rest with the figure on top of me.

"Tired are you?" He snorts, hearing my heavy breath. I grin and roll my eyes.

"Mhm. Can you blame me though?"

He sighs. "I really can't."

He lays his head back on my chest and my hand immediately finds his soft hair. I play with his hair for a little while as I rest my eyes, not planning for the next 3 words that were to come out of his mouth.

"I love you." He says so suddenly, I probably wouldn't have known what he said if he said it any quicker.

I merely gulp. "What?"

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8)
I dry my hair with my towel one last time before throwing it in the hamper. The one thing I truly hate about having to wear compression shirts is when I got to put them on after a shower. Talk about uncomfortable.

I fix my shirt and tie my shoes before grabbing my GYPT and running a hand through my somewhat dry hair. I try to shape it the way I always do but it never seems to end up the way I want it to.

I sigh and head to the door. Y'know, lately, my minds been off. I don't know what it is but all I know is that I can't arrange things in my mind. And yes, that's a random thing to bring up but think about it. I mean, I certainly can't. Like literally, even when I open the door to see Lena with a fist up, though I think she was about to knock. I keep my lips parted but..it didn't hit me that it was Lena till like..10 seconds later.

"Oh Le." I say, clearing my throat. She grins and a small and cute laugh releases as she looks at the fist still up in the air. She quickly puts it down behind her back and also clears her throat. "What are you doing here?"