Chapter 32. Loving Minds.

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8)I hold Lena tightly as I hear the door open

I hold Lena tightly as I hear the door open. I knew it was the other 3 coming in and I didn't know what to do.

I'm don't know why she's in so much pain. She isn't giving me much and I feel like yelling at her would just be completely unnecessary. A headache shouldn't hurt like this and her eyes just remind me of Remi and Leonard.

"Why does it hurt?" She questions, whimpering against my shoulder. I could tell she was trying her best to be quiet but she shouldn't hold it in.

"I don't know." I rub her back sympathetically.

Remi comes into sight, Zack and Leonard right behind her. Her eyes fill with concern.

"Quinton?" Zack questions. "What's going on?"

"I don't know," I respond, "her eyes glowed like Remi's, but green. Then she just..had some sort of massive headache. I don't know but her head is killing her, do you guys have any medicine?"

She presses her head extremely hard onto my shoulder, almost digging into it.

"Le le, you're hurting me too." I whisper, trying not to be too loud just in case that's the reason why she's in so much pain.

"I have some ibuprofen." Zack states. "I'll be back."

Zack soon trails off, leaving Remi and Leonard just gazing at us in confusion.

"These rings shouldn't be hurting us." Remi says, rubbing her temple. "I'm starting to worry on who's next."

"Leonard why the hell did you say that?!" Lena shouts, confusing all of us.

"I-..I didn't say anything Lena."

"Yes you did.." she moves her head and rests her forehead on my shoulder instead of her cheek. "You shouldn't be telling Quinton his intentions."

She seemed very annoyed and with the seeming headache that she has, I don't blame her.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask, "he didn't say anything."

"So what? I'm hearing things now!?"

I raise a brow. I'd never thought I'd see Lena in a vulnerable state and even if I did, this is not how I thought she would be.

"Calm down." I say. "This is something with her Ring. I don't fucking know what exact thing but it's her ring."

Remi begins questioning everything that has happened to us which isn't a lot. I've noticed that she moves a lot when she talks. Its a subtle-but constant motion. Her shoulder rises, her hands circle and her body just sways back and forth.

"So it just happens out of no where? That's not fair, we can't control these things can we?" Remi asks as if we can truly answer.

I reluctantly put a finger under Lenas chin and push up lightly, motioning for her to move her head up so I can make light eye contact with her. She does so and meets my eyes. I examine the green around her pupils and wonder, will this happen to me too? What about Zack? I mean it all happens suddenly and seems to not be in our control.