Chapter 28. Train, Eat, Regret

Lena Rameryiez (Rank Division 2)I put the band aid on Zack's face before getting up

I put the band aid on Zack's face before getting up.

"You're such a fucking idiot." I say, closing the medical TCP.

"Yeah I know." He rubs the back of neck. "Whatever."

"We did absolutely nothing useful today." Quinton says, "except watch a girl sleep.."

"We weren't suppose to do much today anyway. Tomorrow is when we go back to tryouts and obviously..that's going to be hell." I put the box back into the training room cabinet.

"Uh..what time is it?" Zack asks, feeling around his pocket for his GYPT.

"9:12 Why?"

"Shit," he gets up, bringing his sweater with him and heads to the door.

"Where are you going?" Quinton asks.

"Training. Boy. Training with boy, and much different training room." He states shutting the door behind him.

"I-..okay."

3 seconds of silence pass by.

"Y'know, I feel like we could actually train." Quinton says, quickly losing the fact that Zack just left, going to the weapon rack. "I mean if Zack could, I'm sure we could too."

"You heard YOLVE though."

"He's an old piece of metal, really? And seriously...Zack is a skinny dude and he managed to spin that spear around for like 30 minutes."

"Spear? You mean staff?"

"No, I mean spear. It's basically a spear and people get mixed up with a staff and a bow staff so I just call it a spear."

"How the hell do you get mixed up w- never mind."

"Come on. 1 on 1?"

"Absolutely not." I lean on the wall, arms crossed.

"Why not?"

"YOLVE? And fighting you is such a waste of my time."

"Ouch. How come?" He holds 2 nunchucks in his hand.

"Fighting you once was good enough, thank you."

"You're acting like going for a second round is bad."

"No, it's not but it's extremely rare for guys."

He catches on to the joke quickly, smirking.

"Real funny. Come on."

"I'm not interested."

"I am. I need a sparring partner please."

"Nope. I don't know you."

"So? Want to talk? We can learn more about each other, it's not that difficult."

"So, I'll have a much higher tendency to kill you if I have the chance."