Chapter 39. Progress

Leonard Williams (Rank Division 11)I hesitantly pull away slowly, keeping my hand cupped on her face

I hesitantly pull away slowly, keeping my hand cupped on her face. I wasn't far away from her and her gorgeous brown eyes that seemed to be filled with nothing but innocence and hostility at the same time.

"I-..I'm sorry, I've been wanting to do that for..the longest time." I chuckle, "or more so the month I've known you."

A small laugh escapes from her lips, and soon, her stunning smile.

"You..don't have to apologize." She continues to play with my hair as we keep our eyes on each other.

I don't know why I just went for it. She might've not wanted to kiss me. I should've taken it slower or asked.

I look at the paper beside her.

"Uh," I grin, "immaculate? That's what I spelt wrong?"

"It-" she keeps an arm around my neck but stops cupping my face and picks up the piece of paper beside her. "I don't think it would matter now anyway. You wrote in pen."

I keep my grin and stop cupping her face, placing my arms so they're framing it instead. I like this angle.

I take the book off of her chest and put it on her night stand. I take the paper out of her hand and look over it, keeping my position above her.

"Hm," I hum, "I guess I can't change it, can I?"

"Sucks to suck doesn't it?"

I pout. Being as petty as I am, I quickly push my knees up so I'm stable and crumble the paper before dropping it off of the side of the bed. I frame her head with my arms again.

"Really?" She questions, "you want to be like that?"

"I don't want to be like that, I am like that."
She rolls her eyes before playfully pushing me off of her. I chuckle as I roll onto the other side of the bed. "I'll rewrite it later."

"I know you will." She states, sitting up, "if not I'd probably be forcing you to."

"Please, like you could."

I feel her eyes dig into me. I could see her iconic raised brow and I wasn't even looking at her. I was forcing myself to look at the ceiling with a smirk.

"Oh," she says, "okay bitch, is that a challenge I hear?"

She moves herself on my lap, and immediately, I realized that we've been in this position before. Just not in the way I hop- thought it would be. I laugh as she pins my arms down.

"Give me 2 reasons why I shouldn't strangle you to death right now?" She asks.

"Uh..." I make a fake thinking face, "1, I wouldn't be able to write Isabellas letter and 2?" I move my upper body up, close to her face but not as close as I wish I could be because of her pinning me down. "We just kissed."