Chapter 19. Eyes up.

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8) I rub my eyes as I make my way to the bathroom

I rub my eyes as I make my way to the bathroom. Last night was full of washing everything out of my hair and I've learned that this place puts some ridiculous stuff in their food.

I brush my teeth and rinse my face before heading back to my room. I don't know what I'm going to do today necessarily. I know that I'm supposed to meet up with some of the..what do I call it? Fucking...the ring group? I don't know but I'm supposed to meet up with them but seriously? A guy needs to know the time.

I woke up at 9, so..extremely late for Zelch, but it's our day off. I don't really know what could be early but that's off topic.

I head to the first floor and make my way to the dining hall. Literally..there were hardly any people in there. Maybe a few at a table spread out.

I get my food and sit down at my table. Everyone was looking at me and if anything, I don't blame them.

I had a good laugh yesterday with the food on my head and I'm sure everyone else did too. I'm positive that girl is Bi-Polar and you know what? That's fine I guess.

I stuff a piece of my pancake into my mouth as I go on my GYPT.

For some reason, I wasn't worried about getting eliminated. I mean...I do have a dad who is a mentor and probably the closest friend to James and to be honest, I'm pretty damn good. I'm one of the best Rank 8's and no one can tell me otherwise.

But..I skipped a whole day. Thats a very valid reason to be eliminated.

I look at the blue ring on my left hand. I don't know why it's on my finger or why I can't get it off. The glowing is light and hardly visible but if you're at the right angle, it's noticeable. I try pulling it off but it doesn't budge.

I give out a sigh and take a sip of my water.

     Leonard Williams (Rank Division 11)
"Where the fuck is he?" I ask as we sit on the stair cases. "He's the only one not here."

"Calm down," Lena begins, arms crossed. "It's not like we had a specific time. I'm sure he's on his way."

"Pfft. The dudes uncoordinated. That's the only thing I know about him. We're going to be waiting for a while." Zack says.

"He's right across from my room. Should I go knock on his door or some shit?"

"There's no way he could be sleeping. No one sleeps past 10. That's common sense for any Zelch Applicant." Zack answers, "Remi, have you've seen him anywhere?"

"If I had seen him, he would be here don't you think?" She responds in a sort of bitchy tone. "How about you use some common sense?"

"What's up your ass this morning?" Lena asks.