Chapter 7. Makes Sense

Lena Rameryiez (Rank Division 2) "So are we just going to sit here and hope for someone to save us or what?" I ask sarcastically, looking around

"So are we just going to sit here and hope for someone to save us or what?" I ask sarcastically, looking around. "Because personally, dying in an elevator isn't the best thing in the world."
"I don't know." He looks up. "Wait, a minute."
He hits the very top of the elevator, almost waiting for a reaction from the thing if self.
"What are you doing?"
"In those weird films, there's always like some sort of box on the very top that leads out. If we can find it, we can get to the floor and we'll be out."
"Does it look like we're in a fucking movie dude?" He hits the top again, breaking something off.
  "Seems like it," he grins, looking at the open top. He forces himself up, leaving him halfway in and halfway out.
  "See anything?" I ask.
  "Uhm n-"
A large cranking noise stops him, but the pull of the elevator drops him back down. The elevator almost drops, but catches itself. Still, the only thing visible are wires. We were stuck between another level.
  "Your lighter," he begins regaining his balance, "you go up there."
  "And do what exactly?"
  "Get out. Find someone to help me next or something. Here," he holds out his hands, "I'll give you a lift."
   "Seriously?"
   "Mhm. Hurry up before this shit drops again and kills us."
  I roll my eyes before stepping on his hands. He lifts me up, letting me get out. I push myself up and get on top of the elevator.
"See the open floor?!" He asks, making sure I can hear him.
"Yeah, but it's too high up. I won't be able to reach it even if I jump."
"Uh, okay? Uhm. Look around. Check if there's maybe some other exit, switch, anything at all that will help us."
I look around, but see nothing except wires and walls. I look at the ropes holding the elevator up and tug on them, trying to see how strong they are.
"The ropes. I think I can climb them and I should be able to get to the doors. None of them are open though so I don't know what help they could give."
"Out of the hundreds of people here, someone has to be on that floor. I'm sure someone will open it sometime."
I sigh before reluctantly start climbing the robe, praying that it will keep hold of me. I keep climbing until I get to where I can jump to the side. It has a very short ledge but I think I'll fit. I stabilize myself on the rope but before I could jump, I hear stretching. I look down to see the rope starting to rip.
"Uhm. Dude!"
"What?"
"Get your ass up and start climbing! The rope is starting to break on the bottom!"
"Shit." He pushes him self up, and without even looking back, he starts climbing the black ropes.
"Hurry up!"
He continues climbing, but the rope stretches more than we both thought it would, causing him to rush up.
  I switch my eyes between the ledge and him, wondering if I should just jump to the ledge now.
  The rope snaps, dropping the elevator. He had gotten up just in time, hanging on to the very top.
   "That's a fine line between luck and skill there buddy." I say before jumping to the ledge. I find my balance and lean on the elevator door. He climbs himself up and joins me along the wall. He's out of breath.
  "Hello!? You guys alright up there!?" We look down to see a mentor and a girl looking out of an elevator door like 5 floors down.
  "Uhm. If we take one step, we'll be falling to our death but other wise...yeah. I guess so!" The guys says jokingly, but I thought of nothing except my luggage.
"Stay there. Do you know what floor your on!?" The mentor asks.
"Uh," I count the doors, "we're 6 floors up from yours!"
  "Alright, hold on!"
They leave and are no longer in sight. I look around but try not to look down, hoping not to fall.
"This is..an interesting way to meet.." he says, looking at me. "I- Uh. I'm Leonard."
"Lena.." I say reluctantly.

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8)
"I'm telling you, that move can say a life." We walk to the stairs together. I hold my GYPT in my hand.
"I think what surprises me is how you just..did it first try. And your side you never trained with a staff before?"
"Nope. Never. Just trained with nunchucks." We begin walking up the stairs.
"Mm. Tried those before."
"Yeah? How'd it go?"
"We don't talk about it. It's just..it was plain hell. I don't know how you do it."
  "I think the same at times, trust me. What floor are you on?"
  "5. I'm one of the lucky ones. I don't have to go up these flights of stairs as much as others. You?"
"46th. Ridiculous. I just wonder how they're gonna expect us to go down these stairs everyday for merely 6 months." I grip the handrail.
  "I mean, they are making us fight each other basically everyday. I don't think they care about stairs."
  "True. Y'know, I wonder how this elimination thing is going to go. I mean 48 people out of almost 1800 people? We're gonna be here for a..long time then." We stop at his floor.
"It's 6 months. Plus, I'm sure they are going to start eliminating more people, and let's just hope not it's us. Anyway, it was nice meeting you. Zack, by the way." He holds out his hand, I take it.
  "Quinton."
  "Right. You said your name pretty fast. See you around."
  I give him a nod before continuing up the stairs.
  Everything's different at Zelch, and the people just make it worse, or make it better.
I make it up to my floor and start putting in my password when loud footsteps go up the stairs.
I genuinely forgot how many people are going to be up all night doing a bunch of random shit. That's going to be an interesting way to sleep.
  I stop midway and force myself to go up the stairs, checking out the ruckus. I keep going, trying to find the floor with the people.
  I continue on until al of a sudden, a man runs into me. Turns out, it was my dad.
"Dad?" I question, "what are you doing up here?" I look behind him to see a girl, her eyebrow raised in confusion.
  He pushes me out of the way and continues up the stairs, the girl following him.
  "Wha-" I go up with them, wondering what they're doing. I try to catch up with them as fast as I can but they were clearly in a rush. "Yo, dad! What are you doing?"
They stop at a floor, dash down the hall to the elevator, and spam the buttons, hoping it would open. I stop behind them.
  "Jesus you guys run fast." I say, trying to catch my breath. "What are you guys waiting for?"
  They both give me an annoying look before returning their eyes to the elevator, which begun to open. Unexpectedly, 2 people come out, one of them being Lena. There was no elevator in sight. I try not to show my reaction, but I end up giving in, pointing my finger at the elevator with my mouth sort of open.
"Are we not gonna address this?" I ask worried.
"There goes my stuff..." Lena says, looking down.
"Quinton, go. I think we should get these two to the clinic and you," he points at the girl, "I thank for..practically saving their lives but I got it from here. This elevator is simply not..acceptable."
I open my mouth to say something but immediately close it. My dad acts different with others and sometimes..I mean most of the time, it gets on my nerves.
"I don't need to go to clinic, but thank you for saving me." The guy says, catching my attention that it was the guy across my room.
"After something like that, you do. At least get you checked up. Go, everyone. I need to make sure no one takes the elevator."
The 3 of them go, leaving just me and my dad.
"Funny. You care more for them than me at times." I joke.
"This is serious. Go. Now."
I scoff before going down the hall and to the stairs.

Turns out, I'm going to be writing a..lot more. Quarantine is just killing me at this point.
How's quarantine for you guys!

Enjoy Your Day and Night!
Make sure to vote.
-CR