Chapter 23. Sinners

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8)"And now y'all motherfuckers know about my dad

"And now y'all motherfuckers know about my dad." I say, finishing my granola bar.

"He expects a lot from you huh?" Lena asks.

"Of course he does," Leonard says, an arm around Remi. "Imagine having that much pressure? Must be hell."

"It..it is." I admit, "but what can you do about it Y'know?"

"I mean..do something bad enough to the point where your parents disown you?" Zack says.

"That? That would be me not getting into Zelch."

"Oh..damn. That's a lose lose situation."

"always been."

I go over to the trash can and drop my granola wrapper into it. Before I could close it, a flying fruit cup lands into the bin.

"Sorry, did the juice get on you?" Lena asks.

"No your fine."

I sit on the bed near Leonard and slightly lift up the bottom of Remi's shirt.

"Most of its faded. I don't know when's she is going to wake up though."

"Probably a couple of more hours of something."

Zack slumps down on the table.

"If I slap her.." Zack begins, "will I make it out alive?"

"Zack how impatient are you?"

"Very."

I get up and cross my arms. I open my mouth to say something but I notice Remi moving. Leonard looks at me before returning his eyes to Remi who's eyes were blinking open.

Zack's eyes fill with joy as he watches her. Her eyes are barely halfway open when she realizes she's in the arms of someone. Immediately, she moves her head off of him and without looking, punches Leonard in the face before backing up off of him.

Zack and Lena hold in their laugh as Remi gets off of the bed, breathing heavily as she relies on the wall behind her from falling. Leonard puts a hand on his face in pain.

"I-..uhm.." she begins, looking around the room. "What a..what is going on?"

"You woke up." Zack begins standing up, "finally."

"What?" She lifts up her shirt and looks at her stomach which had faint lines on it. "It's gone?"

"It's your body...don't you think you'd know if your in pain or not?" I ask.

"I k-"

"What the fuck was that for?" Leonard asks annoyed. "Damn."

Remi continues to breathe heavily as she looks around the room. She was extremely startled and I genuinely don't know why.