Chapter 27. If the Sky Comes Falling Down

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8)Me and Lena just sit on the floor, watching Zack jump around like an energetic dog

Me and Lena just sit on the floor, watching Zack jump around like an energetic dog.

"Zack.." Lena says blandly, "your staff is sharp y'know."

"Of course I know." He responds, continuing to spin it around. "I've been using this shit since I was a little kid."

"Mhm.." I hum, rubbing my temples. "You aren't even suppose to be using it though."

"I mean, he lied to us. I feel great. Drained my ass."

"Just wait till he feels it later." I say to Lena.

"Remember, he just ate too. He's going to be feeling a lot of things later."

I chuckle and look at the figure.

"You good? You healed quick from our fight."

"Hm? Yeah. It wasn't too big of a deal, I've gotten worst beatings." She responds, keeping her eyes on Zack.

"I'm still sorry about that."

"I don't hold grudges. Plus, its Zelch. What were we going to expect?"

"Yeah, you're right. We have a long time ahead of us anyway." I look at the blue ring on my finger. "Do you believe this crap?"

"The rings?"

"Yeah."

She takes a second to think and just fidgets with the ring.

"I mean that podium showed me something that made me believe it all and you saw Remi, right? You don't just lose your ability to walk like that."

"I guess, but I'm just scared we're going to get kicked out of Zelch. We skipped a whole day and we're lucky that we didn't get caught."

"I saw my mom," she scoffs out with a slight grin. "I saw my mom Quinton."

That was the first time I heard her say my name so clearly.

"She called me Lele and it felt so real. Like I could've touched her."

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"About 2 years ago. I was 16. Car crash."

"I'm sorry for your loss." I say softly.

"Yeah. It's nothing new at this point." She fixes her head and look at me. "How about you? What did you see?"

"Oh..uh. Well I saw my parents. We were at here, at Zelch and I think it was the acceptance ceremony. Y-you, Zack, Remi, and Leonard were there with me." I try to make everything out. "We had the Zelch Uniforms on and I was shaking hands with my Dad when all of a sudden...half of the building began tumbling and it broke down. The last thing I saw was this huge ship."