Chapter 29. Gay

Zack Link (Rank Division 6)"Fallon!"

"Fallon!"

We turn our heads. I see a brunette woman coming into the room who was not visibly happy..at all.

"Talking about her.." he mumbles before raising his voice to his normal level. "Mom, What are you doing here?"

"I thought I fucking told you to meeting me at 8:55 for your tekt test!"

"Shit, I-.. I'm sorry." He responds.

"Who's this?" She asks, looking at me. I noticed that she was one of the Zelch Mentors. A Rank 2 mentor.

"Uhm, I'm Zack. My name is Zack Link." I debate wether or not to hold out my hand for her to shake but it just didn't seem like the right time considering how mad she seemed to be.

"I was just training with him mom." Fallon states, using his staff to hold him up.

"I don't care. Come on, we're doing your training." She looks at me dead in my eyes, "I'd be fine with you and him training but just don't make it..gay. That stuff sickens in me."

My heart drops.

"Meet me outside in 3 minutes. Got it?" She questions.

Fallon nods and I just stare. I just stare because I don't really know what else to do.

His mom leaves, forcing him to put his Staff back on the rack.

"Sorry about that." He says, "I totally forgot about it. Do you think we can rain check?"

"I-..sur- is your mom? Is she homophobic?"

He looks at me with a truthful glare.

"Y-Yeah, she is." He puts his head down in a sort of shame. "Did she offend you? Unless you aren't..y'know..g-"

"I am," I state, "and I actually never really crossed anyone homophobic."

He raises his head and scratches his nose.

"I'm sorry that she's the first."

I'm eager to ask if he's gay, but I think..his mom being his mom just answers the question.

"It's whatever. You should go, before she gets mad."

He nods and grabs his backpack before heading towards the door.