Chapter 12. Right From Wrong

Lena Rameryiez (Rank Division 2) "You alright?" Quinton asks me

"You alright?" Quinton asks me. He didn't want to go to his line for some reason. "You seem shaky."

"I'm fine. Just..nervous." I respond. "We didn't prepare anything."

"We'll be fine. We just go in and fight..and maybe hope that we don't hit each other."

"Right, because that makes me feel better."

"It's not like you prepared a whole routine for our fight."

"I didn't because I don't have someone who I'm not supposed to hit beside me. Whatever." I look at the arena. Remi seems really out of it. "You think Remi is okay?"

"What? Why wouldn't she be?"

"She's gone up like 8 times when we haven't gone up once. I don't know, she just doesn't seem into it."

           Zack Link (Rank Division 6)
"Zack Link and Remi Lincoln are the winners." James says blandly. He's been a plain bitch lately.

I go over to Remi who was extremely tired on the floor. I help her up and off the arena. She's already fought 4 times with Leonard and 5 with me. She's never fought so much, I could tell. James was just picking on her for the dumbest reason.

"You shouldn't have said anything Remi," I say, going to the back of the line with her. "He's going to be on your ass for a while."

"Trust me, I regret it." Cuts replace her old ones. I'm surprised she helped as much as she did. "If I didn't do it, no one else would've."

"And I hope you know that sometimes it's okay." She gives me an annoyed look. "Look, we aren't done yet. James is going to keep going at you until your on the verge of death. You know it's true."

"Hey, Remi. You alright?" Leonard managed to get through everyone to us.

"Does she look fine?" I say. "You're tiring out my partner."

"She's the one that volunteered. I had no say in it."

"Still. It was you not being able to get a partner in the first place that led to this."

"I'm fine. I'm getting a good workout." She feels her face. "We have to get days for breaks right?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow is our first one." Leonard says. "We can go back down the- Holy shit.."