Harmless Lies

There are a lot of POV changes in this chapter just a heads up
The day was two weeks away so you had to start brainstorming. What's coming up? Your birthday. And why are you brainstorming? Ah yes. You wanted presents. People usually never get you what you want which is usually disappointing but maybe if this year you gave them a list you would actually be satisfied with the gift they gave you. You looked at the list you wrote down and sighed. New plan.. I kinda want to see what happens if I tell no one it's my birthday and tell no one what I want. Realistically my birthday will be like every other day but in the future people will feel bad for not getting me something and want to make up for it. Then I will have people do me favors whenever I want. You were fully aware that this was a petty plan. But telling everyone might draw too much attention anyway. If anyone was to remember it would be Ayaka but she isn't that smart to even think about that.

♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦

-One week later-

Kageyama's POV
I was practicing the new quick attack with Hinata trying to perfect it when....
"GUYS! I HAVE NEWS!"
I looked to the voice to see Ayaka panting by the doors.
"Miss Tachibana, you can't just barge in on practices"
Takeda politely said
"I am very sorry sir but I am a close friend of the teams ESB and this involves her well-being"
"Okay then, continue"
"I realized today that Y/N's birthday is in precisely one week and she didn't tell me so I'm assuming she didn't tell any of you"
"WHAT?!?"Hinata shouted, "Kageyama why didn't you tell us."
"I didn't know...."
I responded
"Your practically her boyfriend, Kageyama, and you didn't remember her birthday?"
"Shut up you tangerine, you didn't know either"
He grumbled something and walked over to Ayaka. I followed behind him to Ayaka as everyone gathered around her and started brainstorming.
"We could throw her a surprise party?"
Asahi said
"Surprising her is a good idea but I remember Y/N telling me before that she isn't a huge fan of parties...."
Ayaka thought out loud
"I have an idea"I said. "Y/N likes amusement parks."
Ayaka's eyes lit up with glee and she took out her phone typing away.
"Okay I think that's a really good idea any other ideas?"
"I still want to eat cake with her though and give her a present...."
Nishinoya whined
"We could do that after the amusement park"
Sugawara suggested
"Good plan I just have to set everything up!"
Ayaka exclaimed and ran away

Normal POV
You picked up your bag from the terf of the track and started walking towards the boys volleyball gym. Your mind was excited for your birthday that was going to be in a week. Even though I am probably not going to get anything I'm still excited. The sun was hot yet there was a cool breeze. The nice weather calmed your excitement as you were getting closer to the door. Ayaka slammed the door open and sprinted away before you could ask why she was here.
You shrugged it off, she's always doing weird stuff like that so it was nothing out of the ordinary. You walked in the door calmly, plopped your bag on the floor and walked over to where Yachi and Kiyoko were standing.
"Hey"
"H-hi"
Yachi responded
"Hello (y/n)"
Kiyoko politely said
Yachi stuttered? And she was clearly avoiding looking at you?!? She did that in the beginning of your friendship but by this time she was almost fully comfortable with you never stuttering unless there was someone she wasn't comfortable with in the conversation and that couldn't have been Kiyoko. You wondered if you did something but then you let it go. Brain didn't even have the energy to overthink after school and practice. You sighed and watched the guys practicing blocking. Hinata was jumping around like a monkey. It was quite amusing. Practice eventually came to an end and you started walking home when you got a text from Ayaka.

From: Bestie✌️
Are you doing anything this Saturday?

You heart dropped. Deep down you hoped that at least she would remember but you weren't going to remind her. Saturday was your birthday but you in fact we're not doing anything.

✨Shawty✨(You)
No, why?

From:Bestie✌️
Can you come over for a sleepover on Saturday around noon?

Maybe she did remember, you got excited but decided to not get you hopes up but either way, you would love to spend your birthday with your best friend. You replied to her with a yes and a smiley face. Kageyama could see over your shoulder and he was fully aware of what Ayaka was doing. He had a very strong urge to tell you but he knew doing so would just ruin the surprise.

Ayaka POV
We were walking towards the cafeteria during lunch break when Yachi tapped my shoulder.
"Hey Ayaka can I talk to you about something....."
"Ya, what's up... (Y/N) go ahead without me I'll catch up"
Y/N nodded and walked ahead to the cafeteria.
"Ummm Ayaka I'm really trying to keep the thing a secret but I'm having a really hard time, I keep stuttering around (Y/N) because I keep getting nervous that she will find out and I think she noticed my anxiousnessandIdon't wanthertofeellikeIdon'tfeelcomfortablearound heranymorewhichIdon't because I'm keeping a secret from her andwhatifshedoesn'twanttobe friendsanymoreandshegetsmadthatI'mnervous and-"
She talked so fast that I could only understand some parts.
"Woah Yachi slow down! Even if (y/n) did pick up on your anxiousness she wouldn't get mad about it she would probably just try to be nicer to you to make you feel more comfortable but the problem is.... let's hope she doesn't question you about it because if you act weird then she will definitely know somethings up"
Yachi's posture stiffened and she looked like she could blow up at any second. I didn't know that she was bad at keeping secrets before, it looks like it's really taking a toll on her.
"Yachi, if she asks just say your having personal problems and that you don't want to talk about it but I doubt (y/n) will actually question you about it"

-later that day-

We were walking to the boys volleyball gym with Yachi and (Y/N) was also there since she had practice off today. I was just there because I was bored and decided to watch the guys practice and monitor Yachi as well as slyly question (Y/N) on what she wants for a present. At one point we fell into a silence and (y/n) asked Yachi.
"Hey are you okay, you have been acting kind of weird"
Crap.
I didn't want this to happen I must have calculated the probability wrong. I didn't know that Yachi was making it obvious enough for (y/n) to actually notice. I unconsciously stiffened with Yachi, instantly regretting it.
(Y/N) raised an eyebrow and stared us down until we reached the doors.
"Look I'm not going to pry but if you ever want to talk to me you can but please don't keep something from me okay unless it's serious."
"Its a personal problem!"
Yachi squeaked and I facepalmed. We could have just nodded and said that she was fine but now (y/n) will be concerned, just watch.
"Oh no, is it bad are you okay? Do you need any help?"
Yachi started shaking and (y/n)'s eyes widened it concern. Yachi ran away from (y/n) and into the gym. Me and (y/n) sighed in synce.
"Yachi's actually just really nervous for the test next week but she doesn't want people to know from the fear of being looked down apon"
I looked to (y/n)
"Aw poor Yachi but she knows I would never do that to her right, but I must say the other kids in our class might."
She looked to the floor
"Don't feel bad she was just being cautious and she thought it wasn't that big of a deal to tell you."
"How did you know though?"
"I questioned her continuously until she told me a few days ago."
"AYAkaaaa, that's not very nice to force it out of her"
She whined
"I know but at least I know and can help her study now"
"Yea I guess so"
Y/N walked into the gym with me following behind.
That was probably one of my best lies.... usually (y/n) would have figured it all out by now but I really want her birthday to be an amazing surprise.