Before he died Pt.1

Middle School 3rd Year

♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦

Sitting at your desk, you stared across the room at your girl best friend(Ayaka). Hoping to make eye contact, you stared with wide eyes probably freaking out the people around you. Ayaka felt chills go down her spine when she turned slightly to catch your gaze. Once she was looking at you, you started talking with your eyes and facial expressions. You told her that you were bored and she told you to pay attention to the teacher. You shook your head, glared at her, then tilted you head, and lifted you eyebrows as if saying "you're one to talk you never pay attention in class". She giggled at your amusing face and went to the bathroom. You soon did the same.  You met in the bathroom and said "Mr. Darrah is the most boring teacher I have ever had, at least the slightly perverted Mr. Lin from last year had some pazaz in his voice when he was teaching."
"Are you saying that you prefer a perverted teacher over a boring teacher."
"As long as he doesn't rape me, I guess so."
Ayaka sweat dropped then sighed.
"You're always talking about how you want to get better grades yet you're here with me in the bathroom during class."
"It was too boring and besides we are learning about the water cycle for the 9th time in our career as students, I think by the 9th time I know what precipitation is."
"You're not wrong. Oh by the way, how's your boyfriend doing."
You sighed and sweat dropped "He is not my boyfriend and I doubt he ever will be."
"Bet!"
"Fine bet. I'll make you whatever meal you want with a dessert."
You were not a chef or anything, but Ayaka always loved your cooking. She was pretty terrible at it, and so were her parents.
"Anyways, I think Tobio is alright, the whole volleyball thing was a huge mess tho."
"Isn't Oikawa on the volleyball team too." Ayaka said while looking away fiddleing with her fingers.
"No, not anymore, he graduated 2 years ago stupid but either way he is older than us and also super full of himself." You said disgusted while rolling your eyes.
"Whatever, his face is pretty."
"Honey stop. Don't cheat on me with a boy that's prettier than me."
Ayaka just laughed.
"We should probably head back." Ayaka stated.
"Yeah, I guess so, but this conversation isn't over."
You both laughed as you walked out the bathroom. Ayaka continued walking to class when you saw Tobio down the hall and waved to him very enthusiastically. He rolled his eyes as you yelled "HEY TOBIO"
"Dumba**, don't be so loud."
"You're so mean." You mumbled.
"Where ya going to?" You asked.
"Just to the water fountain."
"Hmmm interesting."
"How is the water fountain interesting?"
"Water is a liquid, liquid is weird; therefore I find it interesting. Like, yo, who had the idea to create something that spits out water, that's genius, and what the heck is a liquid and why does it make my skin moister when I touch it."
"I think my IQ went down while talking to you."
"I don't think it can get any lower than it already is Tobio, see ya after school." You patted him on the back then speed walked past him to get to your classroom.
"What did you say?" he angrily shouted but you were long gone down the hall to avoid his wrath.

Time Skip
♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦

After school ended you two met by the gate like every other day. He walked up to you and you two started making your way home. You two didn't live far from each other, just two houses apart. Since you lived so close to him, he was your go to buddy whenever you got sad or bored. Although most of the time you just went to his house to annoy him while he would attempt to get you to leave him alone. His mom loved you like her own daughter though, so she would never allow Kageyama to kick you out of their house. While you were walking Tobio asked "What high school do you plan on going to?"
You knew that Kageyama was eager to get away from the school and get away from his problems after his volleyball team turned against him. After that he got kicked off the team and couldn't enjoy volleyball anymore unless it was with you or by himself. You had some experience in volleyball though, so you weren't terrible at it, but you definitely were not as good as Tobio.  You did volleyball as a 2nd year in middle school. You stopped after that year, because you chose to join the track club instead. You were a really good runner and an okay volleyball player so you chose to continue running instead. You didn't have practice today for track though, so you took this opportunity to hang out with Tobio and hopefully make him feel better about the whole volleyball situation.
"I don't know." You answered.
"Shiratorizawa seems promising..... they have a nice track. And I could probably get in easily but I was looking at Karasuno and it's just so close by, and it's track team isn't terrible either."
"Hmmmm."
"What about you. "
"I got rejected by Shiratorizawa. I'm probably going to go to Karasuno."
"Looks like I'll go there too then."
Kageyama just stared at you confused.
"Why?"
"I'm bad at making new friends, so if I go with you to Karasuno it's a win win situation...since I was thinking of going there anyway."
Although Kageyama rarely showed it, he really enjoyed your company. You were always there with him and he couldn't imagine how boring life would be if you weren't there to always say and do stupid stuff just to provoke him or tease him. In the end, he enjoyed making fun of you. Kageyama averted his gaze from yours and smiled. This didn't go unnoticed by you though.
"Did I just make the grinch smile?"
"Shut up."
You laughed and continued down until you reached your house in which Kageyama went with you inside. You guys were gonna study for today, because Kageyama has a big test coming up. God knows he won't be able to pass it without your help. You entered your house from the side door that is always open and went to greet your parents and brother. You actually have two older brothers, but one of them is in college. Your dad smiles brightly and says "How ya doing sweetheart?"
"Good." You say back with a little smile.
"Wow Kageyama you've grown quite a bit. I swear every time I see you, you get taller."
Kageyama nodded and said "Good afternoon" to your parents then you both went upstairs. You always found it quite funny that he was always so polite to your parents but only ever insulted you.

Author's note: Sorry if this is kinda
boring I'm attempting to build up the plot so then we can get in to good stuff.