Introducing The Emotional Support Buddy

Edited
After lunch break you went to your class with Ayaka, Tobio, and Hinata. You were walking when you suddenly stopped and took the slowest possible baby steps . Hinata looked back at you and tilted his head.
"What's up."Hinata asked concerned
"Our next class is (your least favorite subject)."
Ayaka sighed
"I want to saver the moments before I have to go through that torture." You whined.
"You wanna skip?" Tobio asked.
You gasped dramatically.
"No of course not! I'm not a troubled child how dare you even think that I would agree with that ridiculous idea."
"Ya wanna be late?"Tobio asked while rolling his eyes.
"No🥺......"
"Then walk faster or Mrs. Linda will through a fit about how our generation is irresponsible and rebellious." Ayaka then grabbed your hand and pulled you further while you sulked. Hinata patted your back.
"Wait Tobio, do you skip class often?"
You asked trying to sound as nice as possible and not let out your rage.
"Only sometimes...." He said quietly while gulping.
"SOMETIMES!!! IF YOU SKIP CLASS YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET IN SERIOUS TROU-"
Hinata pulled your arm by your wrist and whisper-shouted.
"Y/N people are staring..."
Your cleared your throat and continued your lecture as if you were a well polished principle that wanted to ensure your student's future.
"And if you get in serious trouble through thee act of skipping then thy shall maybe not be able to play thy game of volleyball."
Tobio froze as if he never thought that the idea of skipping could possibly lead to serious consequences.
"Bakayama...."
You said under your breath to which Ayaka heard and giggled at.
You never skipped class. Sure, you would sulk and take long bathroom breaks but you still wanted to get good grades. So you came to the conclusion in your head that lecturing Tobio was not hypocritical at all.

♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦

-timeskip-

The day was like every other day. Good but not all that exciting. You just got out of practice and made your way towards the boys volleyball gym. You didn't have a reason... you kind of just felt like it. You knew 6 people in the volleyball club and the coach. Besides you were the club's "EMOTIONAL SUPPORT BUDDY" or whatever that means. You might as well meet the rest of the people in the club. You stood in front of the double doors and sighed, you were kinda nervous. Screw it, I have to meet them and talk to them one way or another. You opened the doors and it looks like they were wrapping things up and cleaning. There was a banner on hanging from the second floor that said Fly. That's so cool. Some of them were crying a little while others were really pumped up which made you really confused. You walked over to Ukai and tapped his shoulder. Ukai looked down at you and smiled.
"Hey, what are you doing here?"
"I came to meet the team and say hi."
"Okay then. YO BOYS CIRCLE UP!"
You started getting a little more nervous now.
"Oh look who is is...." Tsukishima said.
Yamaguchi gave you a small smile.
"Guys this is Y/N, she's my cousin and basically a new member of our team. I call her our team's emotional support buddy."
You internally facepalmed, you didn't think he would actually say that to the players let alone be serious about calling you the emotional support buddy.
"I am just going to be at all your games and ride the bus with you guys and cheer for you all."
"Like I said an emotional support buddy."
"Oh my god"
The team just stood there and stared at you. It made you feel a little uncomfortable until the guy you presumed to be the captain spook up.
"It's nice to meet you y/n, I'm Daichi Sawmura."
He held out his hand and you shook it. Wow that was a strong hand shake....RESPECT.
"Cool! We have a personal cheerleader and it's the gorgeous Y/N!"
Tanaka shouted and you slightly blushed. You weren't used to people complimenting you often.
"YEAHHHH WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE KIYOKO AND Y/N."
Noya shouted.
"I'm the manager, Kiyoko Shimizu."
"And I'm Takeda the club advisor."
"Nice to meet you."
Wow she's pretty..... much prettier than me and she seems super nice. You thought.
You looked at all the faces and spotted two guys that you didn't know the names of approaching you.
"I'm Sugawara Koushi, but you can call me Suga."
He looks familiar.....Oh yea.. he is the angel guy I saw when I wondered here a few days ago...
"I'm Asahi..." The tall guy with a man bun said he looked really nervous, way more nervous than you.
"Nice to meet both of you." You smiled.
"We heard about you from Kageyama before, he talks about you pretty often and then when Hinata met you he would talk about you too."
Suga mentioned.
You blushed a little. They talk about me.... that's so nice of them... wait what if they said bad things about me.... I never really did anything that embarrassing with them did I?

"Don't worry it was all good things."
Suga said as if he read your mind.

"Oh okay, good."
You gave a small smile.
"Boys practice is over go home!"
Ukai shouted.
"YES SIR!"
They all shouted and grabbed their stuff. You started making your way out of the gym doors when you were stopped by a familiar voice.
"Hey Y/N-" you turned to face Tobio. "Ya wanna walk home together."
"Ya, sure."
You started walking out the doors and down the road just a little ahead of the rest of the team.
"It's starting to get darker earlier so I should probably walk you home from now on."
Tobio stated
"Ok....."
It's kinda cute that he cares.....wait what DONT THINK LIKE THAT.
"I bet I could handle myself even if you didn't walk me home."
He scoffed
"Baka....what if there were multiple older men lurking near your house at night, could you still take care of yourself then..."
You stayed silent.
"Ya know I didn't think you were being serious about the whole 'emotional support buddy' thing when you told me."
He continued
"I wished I wasn't being serious."You sighed.
"But hey, I get to see you play all the time now so that's a good thing."
Tobio smiled but then his face started heating up a little bit. You wanted to see HIM play. Let's be honest you loved your house and you would usually much rather stay at home and watch anime then go to a school that wasn't yours to watch a volleyball game. What if he messed up and you don't want to come to the games anymore.
"Are you okay Tobio, your face is red."
Crap, why am I blushing. He thought.
"Its probably just from practice."
It was dim outside and the only light was coming from the sun that was almost completely set by now. You were looking at Tobio and realized how much he changed from when he was a kid. He obviously got taller and more built and his face structure wasn't as soft as it was before. He was a little more aggressive now than he was before but you weren't complaining, to be honest ,it amused you. His hair was longer and he looked way more attractive. Dang, how did you never notice before how attractive he was. The dim light really did wonders, he looked amazing. You blushed at your own thoughts and pushed them the back of your mind. He was your best friend and you didn't want to change that.
"Hey Tobio, I was just thinking of something."
"Hmm?"
"We grew from when we were kids."
"No dip Sherlock."You pouted at his sassy response. "But I get what you mean, a lot has happened."
You then stopped in front of your house.
"See ya."
"See ya."
You went to the door and opened it with your key. You opened your usually almost completely soulless house to hear a familiar voice.
"Oh hey brat, your finally home!"
The voice was from the kitchen to which you sprinted to. Standing at the counter making dinner was Eiji and Kaori(your brothers).