Warmth

Warmth fills your entire body as you walk through the door of your house. The boots on your feet contain chunks of snow, and your eyelashes have fragile snowflakes littering them. The snow on your coat and on other winter apparel, falls to the floor as you try to free yourself from the clothing. Standing next to you is your boyfriend who was mimicking your actions.

Everyone else from the snowball fight made their way home after a couple rounds of abusing each other with snow. The only people that were left were you and Tobio. It was a little weird that he didn't ask to stay, but you weren't complaining about the surprise company.

"I can't believe you did that"
You huffed referring to the moment he turned against you earlier today. You thought that you and your boyfriend were a team as partners; not to mention that you created a literal team with him and Hinata. Maybe Tobio wasn't the person you thought he was, maybe he doesn't love you and started dating you just to see you suffer. Or maybe he just thought aggressively throwing snowballs at his girlfriend was fun. He is still in for it either way.

"Did what?"
Confusion was laced in his expression. Snowflakes slowly melted from his hair and there were already droplets of water dripping down onto his face.

Your face twisted in absolute rage.

"Did what?" you mocked "Did you forget that you started hurling snowballs at your own teammate, like it would be okay if we weren't on the same team, but you and Hinata were having the time of your lives watching me suffer"

"You are being overdramatic"
He shook his head

"OVERDRAMATIC?! If the roles were reversed you would not even be talking to me right now."

"Sorry?"

"Keep your pathetic apology to yourself"
A smile started to curl its way onto your face, but you held it back.
"What if I was to start throwing volleyballs at you during practice while your in the middle of setting"

"That's different"
His face darkened with a scowl as he registered what you said.

"Oh how so?"
You put a hand on your hip with overwhelming sass

"Volleyball is my passion, it's what I do"

"Ya and having snowball fights was my passion in the moment. Everyone turned against me, but specifically you turned against me. I thought you were different"
You had no idea if your performance was real or fake at this point, but it definitely deserved to be on a stage.
"(Y/N)-"
He reached a hand out to you with concern in his voice.
"No Tobio"
Your facade broke a bit, and a puny smile made its way to your face. He noticed but continued reaching out until he got a hold of your arm.
"I'm sorry"
He looked down to the ground in embarrassment. He hoped by apologizing it would break your act completely.

"Let go of me"

His expression grew irritated and offended before he let go and looked away. The loss of touch was too much to bear, so you stopped being dramatic and wrapped your arms around his waist.

"Why are you like this?"

"I'm not mad, but I still can't believe you found joy in hurting me, so cruel"

"It was a game"
He groaned and you let out a tiny chuckle

"Yea yea yea, anyways are you planning on staying the night? It would be a pain to go back to your house in this weather"
You said whilst looking out the window.

"Yea, I'll stay"
He smiled at you. Sometimes he has these smiles. They aren't creepy nor forced. They come out from his scowl every now and then, and sometimes you are blessed to see them. Your stomach becomes filled with fuzzys and, you can't help but smile back. You wondered if he secretly enjoyed your little antics.

You made your way to the kitchen and scavenged around looking for something to eat or make. You found some ingredients for ramen and started getting to work.

Tobio watched intently as you carefully got everything out and started boiling some water. He remembered another time he was watching you cook. You put in the amount of water for ramen in a pot, but poured in rice. He remembered the way you panicked after your mistake and how you considered trying safe the rice, but instead threw everything away. You mumbled afterwards how it was such a waste and quickly started all over again. He couldn't recall you ever burning something nor ever making a bad meal. He could only recall the way your eyes lit up when he would compliment your cooking. In reality you just tried extra hard to produce a good meal when you had guests over.

"Remember the time that I was at your house and you burnt a grilled cheese sandwich"
You spoke up, causing Kageyama to resurface from his thoughts.

He glared at your back as you stood beside the sink cutting up some scallions.

"No I don't"
You could hear the tension in his voice probably induced by embarrassment.

"You were cussing a storm and were going on about how stupid the sandwich was for burning"

"I don't even know what your talking about"

"Did you know that in the bible it's a sin to lie?"

"Do you know how to shut up?"
He growled

A moment of silence passed over as you too glared at each other.

Your stoic face broke rapidly into a smile, and your laugh erupted through the kitchen. Tobio laughed a little as well. You could never take a fight seriously with him, since it was always about something stupid anyways.

About an hour later you were still in the kitchen, yet instead of making ramen you were watching Kageyama attempt to make brownies. He said earlier that he was craving them, but he didn't want to make you cook again.

"So I pour in a cup of water?"

"That is what the directions say?"
Sarcasm etched in your words

He went to the drawer and pulled out a half cup and filled it with water. He then poured it into the bowl. You cocked your head to the side. That was only a half cup?

"Um Tobio...."

"I want to do this by myself"
His gaze snapped from the bowl up to you.

"Oh ok, you are going to make unsatisfactory brownies that way...."
You looked to the side trailing off your sentence.

"I can make satisfactory brownies just fine on my own"

"You literally already made a mistake"

"What? What is it? What did I do?"

"You said you wanted to do this yourself"

He scowled and then got back to work. It was a 3 step instant recipe, yet he put in too much oil and got a piece of shell in the mix.You didn't want to be so unlucky that you accidentally ate an egg shell, so you went against his wishes and got it out. For a perfectionist it was odd that his cooking skills were so imperfect. It was cute in a way though as his hands struggled to crack an egg and the way he stirred looked a little awkward. You assumed that he must not cook too much at home, and you were aware that he rarely cooks when he is here.

The brownies turned out to be fine; he would have to be immensely terrible at cooking to mess up a box recipe.

You nibbled at your brownie as you sat with Tobio's arms wrapped around you from behind. He leaned against the couch, and you leaned against him while you watched A Silent Voice. Although Kageyama was supposed to be watching the movie his mind was somewhere else. He nuzzled his nose into your neck and pulled you tighter against him. He planted a soft kiss on the curve of your neck and his breath lingered there as well as the feeling of the kiss. Your mind soon drifted away from the movie too. You leaned more into him and rested the back of your head against his chest. You took his hand and flipped it over, so his palm was facing up. Your gaze went from the movie to his hand, and you started tracing patterns on it. A little later you slipped your hand into his and looked back to the movie.

And you too stayed there like that,

Movie after movie.

Sometime in between he fell asleep and you didn't dare to move and wake him up, so you just fell asleep too.